Motorsport magazines, free!

Malcolm

Supporter
I have taken the decision to get rid of all my Motorsport magazines. This is not a general collection of motorsport magazines but just a collection of the one called Motorsport ie the one with the green cover! Lots of historic write ups and interesting stuff to ponder on. I can see one dated 2000 so I guess about 11 years worth.

Free but you collect! Located in Surrey, GU16.

Ron Earp

Admin
Good man. I tossed all my magazines some years ago. Also got rid of all my books as well and now read'em and pass them immediately. Too many good books out there to read that there is no sense in keeping books I've already read around to read a second time.

Ron-
Magazines, maybe, but books? It's probably a pathological condition but I can't get rid of a book. I still have the copy of "The Technique of Motor Racing" that I bought in '64 to go with my first car, a TR-3a. Leafing through it is a pleasant reminder of being 17 and driving an open car way too fast, pretending to be Fangio.
I might loan it but I could never get rid of it.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron-
Magazines, maybe, but books? It's probably a pathological condition but I can't get rid of a book.

Books with sentimental value are certainly treated differently. I do keep some reference books, but everything else besides reference and sentimental value books - I read it and move on.

Good man. I tossed all my magazines some years ago. Also got rid of all my books as well and now read'em and pass them immediately. Too many good books out there to read that there is no sense in keeping books I've already read around to read a second time.

I s'pose thats OK if you operate a website with a Global Knowledge pool to help you at any hour of the day!!... there are a couple of tech articles you 'Should' perhaps have read more than once..:heart::heart:.

Ron Earp

Admin
I s'pose thats OK if you operate a website with a Global Knowledge pool to help you at any hour of the day!!... there are a couple of tech articles you 'Should' perhaps have read more than once..:heart::heart:.

Exactly - who needs engine assembly books when I've got you? Gesh, clutter up my garage and all for space better used by beer and stripper poles. You people don't think we work out there do you?

I keep good stuff. But the entertainment/fiction books get passed on - latest Ken Follet, etc. - send them on down the line.

R

Glenn M

Supporter
Hey Malc, you could do what a friend of mine did; he wallpapered a room with all the front covers!

How about the new kitchen?

Glenn

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
About 5 years ago I gave away my magazine collection dating back to 1965. I suddenly realized how much effort I was expending lugging those things around with me each time I moved vs how much enjoyment I was getting out of them.

Car and Driver, Formula, Road & Track, Hot Rod, Sports Car Graphic, etc.....

I feel so much better now!

Malcolm

Supporter
Lol Guess its recycling then! I never keep my Porsche Post mags but I have a full set of GT40 club mags from the GTD club plus many of the EC mags. Now should I be junking those? :) Guess if I posted them for free collection here they might go to a new home! And no I don't think Wendy would be too happy with a wall papered kitchen as you suggest Glenn!

but I have a full set of GT40 club mags from the GTD club plus many of the EC mags. Now should I be junking those? :) !

Nooooooooooo,

Please don't junk them they are part of this countries automotive history, you could always donate them to Beaulieu library. Or if they won't won't have them I'm sure someone else will. :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I might loan it but I could never get rid of it.

Perhaps someday someone might come across my copy of "Racing and Sports Car Design" by Costin and Phipps that I loaned out in 1970! My name is written inside the front cover. I assume it must have been around the world by now!

Perhaps someday someone might come across my copy of "Racing and Sports Car Design" by Costin and Phipps that I loaned out in 1970! My name is written inside the front cover. I assume it must have been around the world by now!

Loaned my copy out and waited 12 years to get it back! It is safe now.
My name was also written inside the cover.

Back