Electric handbrake

Is anyone using the electric handbrake module form a Ford Focus C max on their GT40? it seems a very easy way not to route the cables through the engine bay? The handbrake would be operated by a switch on the dash? I know a super car manufacturer here in the UK is using it?

BC

Is anyone using the electric handbrake module form a Ford Focus C max on their GT40? it seems a very easy way not to route the cables through the engine bay? The handbrake would be operated by a switch on the dash? I know a super car manufacturer here in the UK is using it?

BC

BC,

Could you give me some more details and pictures if possible. Will the handbrake calipers mount on Corvette rotors?

John
:pepper:

sorry John,
I don't have any pictures at the moment, but it is small box which has the two handbrake cables coming out of it, and I guess has a motor with a reduction gearbox inside which applies the tension to the cables?
This motor is controlled by an electrical switch, which can be placed anywhere?

Hello Brian, Very long time no speak !! Since doing that particularly fast and successful JCB, what now and how is that GT40 of yours coming along ?

The electric park brake (EPB) and its various OE applications mentioned in this thread and also including VW Passat, Audi, Bugatti etc is manufactured by TRW, last I heard they produce about 1.5 million units per year so there should be a few scrapped ones out there !! It is a cable puller system and could work well on a GT40 provided you can find som place to package the unit but what is wrong with a park brake lever ? Mine gets through the MOT every year !! Be aware that the EPB unit has its own ECU so may not just be a case of a switch on the dashboard.

Thanks, Chris,

there is nothing wring with the normal Park brake system, but it would be one less thing to get up the tunnel between the seats, it is getting quite busy in there...

BC

Brian

I looked at these systems but found that if an SVA test will be taken they will not pass the 'mechanical' definition.
Although they are on new cars, the SVA definiton still has to be met, even having been passed on 'type approval'

Chances are that an MOT would not pick up on this so you would probably get away with it if you do not need the SVA.

It is a bit like the 'Hi-Spec' hydro/mechanical rear calipers that some of the SVA Vehicle inspectors rejected; I believe these have been redesigned now to apply the handbrake totaly mechanicaly.

Regards

Stephen

Back