Scratch built chassis

I've been looking around for chassis plans and seen that there are some autocad drawings (& associated jpegs) which look to have been doing the rounds for a number of years. (Seen them here)

Just wondered if anyone has actually used these as the basis for a build? What do people think of them?

Cheers

Hi James, If you are referring to the Webguy files, don't waste your time, i spent a good few days working through the Lambo chassis files and they are nothing like complete or accurate, and from what i have heard neither are the GT40 either.
Graeme

Hi James. I have got a copy of the chassis plans that are knocking about. I cut have the tubes for the tub and my plan is to build the tub then try the spider on and see how it sits. If it all looks ok then try the front and rear bodywork on put the wheels in the arches and see if the wheelbase is somewhere near. I have got an old MK3 body that I am using. I have had a good measure up and the plans seem somewhere near. My plan is to build a bit, try it, build a bit more and progress from there. Pete.

Hi Pete - It sounds like you're making some good progress with it. Will be interesting to see how it comes along. Expecially as it's a Mk3, which will be pretty rare!

Lambo - I think the plans / cad file in the link above are different to the webguy ones. They look to have more cross bracing, eg above where the fuel tanks sit.

Thanks Gary - I've been working my way through a lot of the build logs, not sure how I missed this one. Yes - the plans look really good, and it's great to see his build coming along so quickly.

I've modelled Rene's plans in Google Sketchup so I can get a better feel for it. I've tried to keep it as close to his build as possible, by following the plans and updating the areas Rene has modified in the actual build.

If anyone would like a copy, fell free to PM me with your email address and I'll forward it on.

You'll need a copy of Sketchup to properly use it (fee to download).

Cheers
James

Back