Roush 353IR with Accel DFI .ecm-file needed

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Greetings from Germany

New season has started today :thumbsup:

But there are those issues I can't get rid of.... :veryangry:

I have the car now since a few years and I was always happy with it but that does not mean everything runs OK.
During all the time I had some trouble with the EFI. It seems to run on the fat side. During investigating the issues I found all kind of little issues which finally never "resolved" the original problem (I probably became thin-skinned, the problem improved but I'm getting picky).
Does anybody have a Roush 353IR in your 40? If yes, could I get a copy of the .ecm file? A Screenshots of the major tables would also help.

Description (brief) of the issue:
  • When driving you can sense/hear that "condition" when the car does not want to accelerate (very light throttle), when you stay in that throttle position (or play a little) then something changes and the engine runs "round" and then I have good power (most of the time)
  • When hitting the pedal in that condition there is poor power poor and you can hear that the engine does not run correct
  • When you hit the pedal in the OK condition I all seems fine - good power and acceleration
  • Based on previous experience (Webers on an inline 4) it sounds like its getting too much fuel!??
  • I have also looked into misfiring but could not find a problem.
  • Because I bought a crate engine and had the install done from Dennis Olthoff I never questioned the EFI setup - I always thought the problem must be the surroundings....
  • I purchased the Accel Pro Key to access the ECU - but so far never had the guts to play around.
I have to go through my notes and report what actions have been done and what issues have been found.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Markus

Maybe something that might help while wating on PC files...

If you run with a distributor retard the advance a little and have moore throttle to keep it at idle.

Sometimes it is good to run with less advance at idle and more throttle angel. Especially when you have both timing and fuel programmable.
Anders

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Anders,

Thanks for your reply.

After reading more threads and searching the forum for certain key words I found a few hints and sure enough one turned out be the (main) problem.

Once more and recommended several times in the forum:

Check the basic stuff first!

It turned out the synchronization of the ITB's was off!!!

Never the less I'm still looking for some Accel DFI information about my Roush 353IR.
If anybody could provide me with a copy of the .ecm file or a Screenshots of the major tables would help me big times.

Markus

Link regarding Synchronizing V8 Throttle Bodies:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...ou-adjust-setup-balance-your-itb-8-stack.html

Back