Innovate LM1 or Lm2 wide band?

I allready have a Innovate Xd16 gauge, so sticking with Innovate gear, I need to data log.
So which to buy,the LM2 has had some bad press- are the units still trouble some?.
I've read that the LM1, is a more reliable unit, although more basic.
Building a fuel map with out data logging is not advised? as a lean out happens too fast?
Any thoughts? thanks

Running my LM2 in motorcycle and car applications. AFR logging works fine.
Could not get it read the RPM correct on the motorcycle iginition.

I´m in the process to adapt a RPM input from my MDS and also a vacuum sensor.

TOM

Has the LM2 been any trouble?, you would advise getting one?
i've seen on the net the rpm problem you have, the solution was to use two 1k ohm resistors & a link to the injector signal.( this was a solution done by an Innovate tec' guy).
I'll try find the page.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Jeff has an Innovate (can't remember which one, maybe he'll write in) in his TR8 and I have never liked it. Cabling was bulky, requires calibration, and currently it appears to be broken.

I've had an AEM wide band in my truck for over five years with nary a problem. While it can't datalog on its own it can output the signal to a handheld logger, ECU, or data acquisition system.

I would not try and build a fuel map without a wideband oxygen sensor. No way, no how.

I all ready have a wideband gauge,do you need a data logger to build a map? looking at the gauge only whilst driving, I quess it's easy not to see a lean out?

I have an LM1 which seems to still work fine although I do agree the wiring is somewhat bulky. I also use a Motec wideband meter which can output the data on a can bus. Both units work well and if you're attempting to map a motor whilst driving the vehicle, I'd recommend using a logger too for finer adjustments after a run.

Non logging versions can work well, but work better on dyne's IMHO where its easier to apply steady loads etc.

Friends use the AEM products on their supercharged Vipers and they work just great on there too and as Ron says give an output that can be logged elsewhere.

The calibration don´t need to be done very often. It is a snap to do. JUst put your sensor into the free air and start calibration. does not even take a minute. Did it several times and realised afterwards that it was never off. so now i do it less frequent ( just when changing the LM2 from one vehicle to the other)

Datalog is a must for me. or you have a passenger watching the AFR. going over 250 km/h and checking the AFR at the same time does not seem to be a good idea

TOM

Back