StreetRoadandTrack SLC planning thread

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Looking forward to following your build Denny. Do us a favor though and start a new thread so we don't get it confused with Tom's build thread.

Danny,

Sounds like your off to one helluva start. I have thought about LS3 dry sump however I do not think it will be what I go with. I am very interested in your mendeola gearbox. I have tried to call them several times to get information to no avail yet. who did you go through for the purchase and what was the cost? will you be using paddle shifters on the wheel or go for a console mounted stick?

Will you be going with the data log system like Ken is using?link here if you plan on doing some serious track time you may also want to make sure you have a fire suppression system in place too. Another great idea ken has is the fuel pump inertia

I look forward to reading about your build. I have a few more peoples to read before I decide if I am going to pull the trigger on this.

Tom contact Ian at
Mendeola Powertrain
UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

<cite class="_Rm">www.[B]mendeolapowertrain[/B].com/</cite>

INTRODUCTION SALE​. SDR5 "COMBO BOX" $7900.00. With 4.11 R&P. LIMITED TIME ONLY! $8750.00 REGULAR PRICE. HOME · In House Gearing ...
My gearbox ran me 17,400 but is sequential, and they are sending me a 9 inch double clutch system, starter and shifter. Shifter is a 2 lever with the shorter lever for reverse console mounted but no H pattern very narrow
I'm using a load cell shift knob from KA Sensors GST series for ignition cut on the upshifts no clutch, and auto blip on the downshifts no more heel toe.
I'm using the AIM MXL2 dash and logger because it hooks to the AEM Infinity ECU with a 2 wire can bus configuration, it also has a GPS module for speed and track position
I looked at builds for 2 years and I think Frans kits are the best, no donor parts.
It took me awhile to get rid of my drag race stuff so I could buy this. Only thing for me is its the first time I've had someone else build my chassis, I have trust issues when I'm driving a car that I didn't build, but I think this will be OK. It shouldn't take me too long to assemble I'm hoping to do it in 6 months. It won't have all the bells and whistles because race car as my kid says. I looked at Kens build, I like the inertia switch but need to find out how much G force will activate it. We also use what we call a roll over switch for the same function. Kens smarty cam works with my data logger, and just plugs in. It comes with race studio software to show what ever you from the ecu or accelerometer on your videos
If NASA puts Daytona back on the schedule when this car is done we will had back their and run. might be the only track I can max out 5th gear

Bringing this up for the OP ( Tom W ) who had lots of suggestions on how to better organize the forum and then lost his own thread ....:)

Back