MDA in the UK

Gentlemen, firstly I need to thank many people on this forum as I have been reading through the various builds & reviewing your photo's etc for some time now and the assistance / ideas that I have gained through doing that has certainly helped to keep me sane whilst I try to build my MDA! Although I doubt I will get to the build quality I see here, you all have again helped me to raise my own bar. I thought it about time that I introduced myself, even if only to say 'Thankyou' to everyone!
I don't spend much time in the UK as I live & work in the Middle East but home vacations are spent in the garage!
Build details: MDA - bought, I guess, 2007 - body 90% done - panelling, suspension, cooling pipes & radiator, some wiring, tanks, lights, perspex, brakes, wheels & tyres all done, dash / gauges & fire suppression now ongoing.
January should see my 347ci stroked (Ford 302) with TWM 8 Stack throttle bodies and Accel DFI injection & gearbox delivered and yes I am counting the days to Jan vacation, this is a major milestone in my build!

Keep up the great work, I remain inspired.
Thanks, Tony

Welcome Tony!

From the sounds of it, you are well on your way to a nice GT40 build. We all see pauses in our builds, hopefully my pause will end in January as well. Be sure to take some photos of that car and engine.

Tony, I look forward to seeing progress on your build. Mine has severely stalled out as I've had to focus more on work and less on hobby. Oh, I sent you a PM too.

Tony, you mention UK while living and working in Qatar, but your flag is USA. If your MDA is in the UK and you can travel around perhaps you might like to view one of the complete MDA's here during one of your visits. I would certainly welcome you and take you for a spin and I'm sure others would do the same depending on where you are in the UK, and where you can get to. If home is the USA then I'm sure someone there will also be willing to show you around their pride and joy. welcome to the forum.

Chris, thanks for the nudge, flag changed !
I'll drop you a PM regards your offer ... I think we are in the same county and as I have not had the pleasure yet of actually being in a GT40 before ... sounds like a great opportunity, not to be missed.... let's hope the snow clears!

Tony

If your UK base is northern England I would be happy to show you round my MDA MkII If you have any queries about the MDA build please ask away

Regards and Happy New Year

Stephen

Stephen, many thanks for the offer, I am in the south west (Devon) but if / when I get the chance to go north, I'll be in touch! Appreciate the offer. As I say, most if not all of my time during short UK vacations is spent in the garage, otherwise this thing will never get done! On the other hand if you're ever down south & I'm in country, you would be very welcome. Get a few big lumpy bits in this winter & then I reckon the questions will surely be plenty!

Thanks Chris, appreciate the PM, I reckon I could manage your place later this month, really looking forward to that.

Counting the days ......
Tony

Back