UK Member Intro

New UK member here happy to be part of the forum!

I’m just starting my journey and am currently at the research stage. I love the history of the cars and the beauty of them.

My goal will be to create a replica to a MKI but (controversial I know) I’m looking to add more modern components, such as fuel injection and a hidden screen in the interior for reverse camera etc. just to name a few. I’m very much a fan of the restomod scene and want to make the car as reliable and comfortable as possible (as it can be anyway!)

This will be my first build so will be looking for the best quality kit I can find but also a good level of support from the manufacturer and community given my inexperience.

Looks like a very supportive and helpful community so happy to be part of it!

Hi, suggest you drive down the road to Hull and look at this one for ideas, Frank

Attachments

• GTPhot-FordGT40-009.jpg
    GTPhot-FordGT40-009.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 77
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 75

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Valhalla. You have received some excellent advice about joining a local enthusiasts club. Read through the build threads here as there are a great bunch of knowledgeable and helpful builders here.
Please enjoy the forum !!!

Regards Brian

That’s a beauty! Love the colour and the decals, which manufacturer is that if you don’t mind me asking?

Might have to take you up on the visit
The GTD referred to by Frank Catt is mine and was developed and re-engineered by him for competition and road.
You are welcome to visit. I live in Cottingham.

Not many manufacturers out there.
Ak sports cars or tornado sports cars.
Ak bought Sgt off mick sollis. Sgt 40 now ak 40.
Tornado offer different chassis too.
Cheers murf

Not many manufacturers out there.
Ak sports cars or tornado sports cars.
Ak bought Sgt off mick sollis. Sgt 40 now ak 40.
Tornado offer different chassis too.
Cheers murf
Cheers, just replied to your DM too. Yeah I was leaning towards the AK or the Tornado from what I’ve read.

Realistically it’ll be a year or so before I can start (when we move to a bigger house) but keen to do my research to hit the ground running when I can!

Back