GPS charging by the mile in UK 2015?

Hi Guys

well, our wonderful Government is trying to sell us car charging by the mile, this would be achieved using satellite positioning GPS software in every car as a legal requirement by 2015.
This would give the UK Government or should we now call them BIG BROTHER the capability to know where we are and at what speed we got there. This will lead to parking, speeding, and congestion zone charges being generated, to the tune of 15 billion pounds extra per year. It will also increase court time and licensing penalties and suspensions for all.

In my opinion it time to speak out against this infringement on our freedom and human rights, its time that we sit down and write to Tony Blare and let him know how we feel about it before its to late.

We already pay here in the UK more than the rest of Europe for our fuel, the reason for all this congestion is simple, since joining the EU we have let to many people into the UK.

We now have over 72,000,000 people on our tiny island which is about 12,000,000 to many for our infrastructure.

your comments please
Chris Melia.

Keith

It's happening now and it's already too late.

If we were French, we would have burned something down in protest, but, as we're docile Brits and thus the cannon fodder of history, we will take it stoically, if not on the chin then in the wallet. In the meantime, the sensible ones will have already booked their passage for warmer climes....;)

Hi Keith

with 500 thousand native UK residents emigrating each year, it's a sad inditement to the country we use to know and grew up in, that so many of us see the only solution left after 10 years of Blare is to leave ourselves. The lunatics are know truly running the asylum.
I too am considering the future to stay or go.

regards
Chris
PS. a fellow survivor
PPS. I'm not a celebrity get me out of here.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
If you don't mind me saying so, you guys need to stop complaining and take charge. To be precise, start a public awareness campaign focused upon the need for civil rights related to privacy. Here in the US anyone can form a non-profit entity and collect donations to fund marketing and general awareness campaigns in support of a particular perspective.

I suspect you're not alone in your desire to limit the expansion of intrusions into your privacy by the gov't. Indeed with 72million other brits there is probaby more than a few million willing to write a check for ten pounds to support a good cause. No need to burn down buildings. Use the media and other people's contributions to create change!

Keith

There in the US you have individual rights because you are citizens and have a Bill of Rights. We have no individual rights because we are SUBJECTS not citizens. Constitutionally there is quite a large difference which is why many cases end up in the European Court of Human Rights which takes on average at least 5 years.

Personally I couldn't be arsed. Let the lunatics occupy the asylum and have their own personal Brave New World...I'm out of here....and I won't be looking over my shoulder.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
But Keith will your passport photo (to the left of your last post) be acceptable to the nutters? Then they'll want to scan both your eyes and brain to make sue you're not taking any secrets with you!

And who did the report?

The idiot Eddington who screwed Cathay Pacific, mover to Ansett Airlines and wound them up, precided over British (Sc)airways while it shed how may thousand jobs and then stopped Concorde flying. Perfect track record to be given the job on transport policy - well at least the Labour Government thinks so! Time for elections and get some sense back into the government! (Oh dear I just said sense and Government in the same sentance - they are mutually exclusive.

Time to go and take my pills

Ian

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Chris and Keith,

I hear you brothers, but must ask, "Where do you go??"

Yes, we can rant and rave and rail against the system, but, in the end, I am not sure how much good it actually does. If you don't play the game like big brother wants you to, then they use the ranting and raving to say, "look at those anarchist, antisocial bastards! There aught to be a law!" The other side of this is that everytime something untoward happens, people and the press rail against the government for not protecting us. Hello! with liberty comes a certain amount of risk. Every time we ask a government to reduce our risk, we do so at the cost of liberty. I used to think the extreme right and left cancelled each other out. But, it appears that they are just polarizing the situation.

So, again, where does one go to find a life where individual liberties are not trampled upon?? I am afraid that, with human nature such as it is and the number of us clinging to this spinning ball, there is nowhere to run anymore. And, even if you find somewhere to hide for the moment, it will only be temporary.

Ughhh, now I am depressed.

Lynn

Hi Guys

I wouldn't mind so much if they were truthful about why they want to tax us so much. The UK produces 2% of the worlds carbon emissions and we pay (at $2 = £1 rate) about $9 for each gallon of fuel in our cars, this is because our Government takes over 80% out in fuel Tax.
In Ten years of Blares government we have had over 1000 new laws passed and been involved in two unfinished costly wars that are supposed to make the world a safer place.
We have had our country covered in speed and CCTV cameras, seen countless millions of Pounds poured into a black hole called the health service without real improvement and sat back whilst our industries have melted away to the far east. It also pisses me off that you don't get to speak to people on the phone any more but some automated answering service, and if you do get a human on the line then their grasp of the English language, coming from a far eastern call centre is hopeless.

A few years ago our UK apple growers were told to cut down their orchards by the European Union so that apple growers in the rest of the union would supply the UK with apples. This year the UK purchased most of its apples from China, shipping apples and just about everything else from China many thousands of miles certainly fly's in the face of any extra carbon taxing.

The health and safety laws have also gone mad, window cleaners can no longer climb ladders to clean windows and from the 1st of January 07 all our car paints will have to be water based, no more two pack paints. I just wonder what's really behind all these changes?
We were getting along perfectly well before Blare came to save us from ourselves with all his enforced improvement laws and taxes.
Sorry for the rant but I think there is a major undercurrent of discontent brewing in the UK amongst its citizens and what concerns me is, that no one in power is listening.

regards

Chris.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Chris

The one that really riles me at the moment
Old Age Pension is going up slower tha inflation and then the property rates / taxes have more than doubled in the last 7 years. So the UK pensioners are being mase desitute.

But get the Poles and Czechs come in supposedly to get work and they are given all manner of social assistance, tax credits, immediate access to our hospitals, schools etc and yet they are taking the low paid jobs (in general) and not paying anything into the system. They ship any funds back to their home countries. And to top it all if they have children left at "home" they can claim UK child tax credit and support for their children not even in the UK

UK subjects are treated as second best in their own country.

Bollocks to the current government!

Ian

They call the UK part of the free world but you actually have no fredom there you cant do anything without having to get permission from some government body or council. They like to tax you to the hilt because if you are financially independant then they cannot control you. When you have more civil servants, who prodce nothing that benefits economy, than workers it does not bode well for the average working man.
I heard the other day that the UK are going to attach microphones to there CCTV cameras that to me is scary total people control all in the name of safety and security.
Governments spread fear doom and gloom so that they can say that the laws and measures that they are putting in to place are there to protect you against the naughty people in this world. If the governments motives were not so devious and self serving then maybe they would not be in the situation where such laws are needed.
Just my humble opinion.

Regards

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
OK, we are all pissed off with the BBC (Bush, Blair Corporation) here in the UK but please think about the previous comments which might be tinged with fascism.
Many people have fallen into the trap of blaming a minority over this past century and look where it got us.

As far as the "Polish" workers are concerned :

I would rather employ any man who turns up for work on time ready to do a full day's graft without slacking and does it for a reasonable wage. He will also probably be better qualified to do it.
Both of these qualities are becoming quite scarce in his British counterpart.

And if he does all of this in a foreign country to send money home then good luck to him, because that's what I did all of my time as a British ex-pat.

OK, one of Tony's college boys got the policies wrong again, but it's up to us to get off our butts and get voting next time, and forget the inference that it's all Johnny Foreigner's fault.

The trouble is that we now have only a few polititians in office who have a self-calling and seek the quest to do right for the people, and alas the rest are those that are self-careered and insincere who are in politics for the freebies.

"Land of Hope and Glory, mother of the free"

Lest ye' forget !

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
JimmyMac

I agree on the fact that the Poles / Czech etc. will probably be better qualified and work for the time expected but they do not support our economy. I am sure in a similar way in your Expat days you did not volunteer to hand over a portion of your wages in tax to the UK government. Probably you did you support the land in which you worked either and exported a tax free salary to an offshore account. Sorry not a personal attack but just a set of facts that apply for most foreign workers.

Regarding the qualifications of the UK staff I agree whole heartedly. I have a daughter aged 11 in her first year at secondary school and I am disgusted at the drivel they teach. Not only that but they do not even hand out text books. How the hell can anyone be educated wihout books? Just as well we are reasonably well off and will purchase a full set of books ourselves. Perhaps I should send in a copy of the receipt as proof of paying tax when they make a further demand on my wallet!

No wonder this government banned hand guns or they would have been used on the leaders.

Now put it in perspective I came to the UK in 1990 and made the country home, paid my way, never had any handouts, and never intend to. Yes I would be prepared to defend the country I now call home!

Ian

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,
Presumably migrant workers are employed by UK agencies and companies who pay corporation taxes on profit. They also shop at supermarkets and live in houses like the rest of us so are they not contributing ?.

Point taken on the ex-pat taxation but things changed a long time ago and most countries now get their dues plus some.

I must say that education in this country has reached an all-time low since the middle ages.
Recently the one of Tony's "new" universities were offering degree courses in Witchcraft no less.
WTF is that one all about ?

Last edited:

Keith

Re: Tony B liars Witchcraft courses: The Nazi's were fascinated by the Occult too, thinking that maybe there's a parallel here...

Nice one on the passport photo Ian, I'm just trying to fit in and look inconspicuous when the loonies take over..

The problem is - I really do look like that on Sundays.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
JimmyMac

Yes we have a number of Eastern Block workers at the company I work for.
We have
6 Czech workers - all stay in the same house, get food parcels sent over from Czech, and all are on or abou miminum wage so amount of contribution to the UK society is about £15 per week each
Then we have 4 Polish staff and they live in a different house along with a wife and 4 kids.

They all apply for assistance (I do payroll so see the requests for confirmation of salary) Are all using the medical facilities (3 have lined up operations that the could not get back home) and the 4 kids are schooled.

They drive 2 cars supposedly taxed and insured in their home coultries.

The British equivalents rent a small flat (self and partner stuff) and run a legal British registered vehicle.

Sorry but I can see one being a drain and the other inputting something.

Yes our company makes a profit and pays tax but both local and foreign are paid at the same rate of pay.

So when Sadam's WMD are a comin' who will defend the UK and who will bugger off? Who is then putting into the UK for the good of the UK?

Sorry time to get off the soap box before I bring up detention centers being burned by the inmates who are then allowed out into the general area instead of being deported etc. Etc. ETC

More pills required!

Ian

Hi Guys

I employ a Polish worker and was amazed at the ease that our local council just gave him a newly decorated 3 bedroom council house, I don't blame him for taking it but wonder why young married British born couples in our area don't seem to even get on the list quite so easily.

I was also quite interested to hear that in Thetford and Brandon, that the doctors surgeries have Portuguese only days. I understand that 250,000 Portuguese have come to live in East Anglia during the last three years but to exclude UK citizens from being able to go see the Doctor on certain days is ridiculous. I also understand that Portuguese workers, employed on the local Air Force Base have a fast track security clearance and are paid in cash without Tax deductions, stating that they are migrant workers and will pay their taxes back in Portugal??????.

I have also heard of the local social security office handing out £5000 to a group of Portuguese workers to enable them to purchase a car to enable them to get to work.

I think the best example of this Governments lunacy came this last month when our Prison service handed out £3000 ($6000) per head to thousands of drug offenders because they had breached their human rights for not providing them with drugs whilst in custody.
I wonder just what these drug addicts spent this money on when they got it?

Happy christmas to all our readers

regards

Chris.

PS. I'm starting to sound like Roy Smart in the GTD club magazine.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Well boys, you all remember what WE diid about that "subject" business..... You are all welcome here in California! Make a damn nice change in imigration policy. Submit picture of GT40..... Go to the front of the line!

By the way... It don't rain here (much), and the gas is $2.50ish a gallon. Cheap Ford parts everywhere, 75F today! Not a cloud in the sky! Perfect GT40 weather. The wifey will get a nice California tan. Crate em up and come on over!

Gees you guys haven't had enough exposure to "New Think". Individuals - forget about it. Seperate States or Nations - forget about it. Personal responsibility - forget about it. Reward effort with success - forget about it. We should all live in a giant cacoon, cared for and perpetuated by a great benafactor who will collect all rewards and disperse what ever it is they think we need. Isn't taxation and control great!! End of rant.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Keith1 said:
There in the US you have individual rights because you are citizens and have a Bill of Rights. We have no individual rights because we are SUBJECTS not citizens. Constitutionally there is quite a large difference which is why many cases end up in the European Court of Human Rights which takes on average at least 5 years.

Personally I couldn't be arsed. Let the lunatics occupy the asylum and have their own personal Brave New World...I'm out of here....and I won't be looking over my shoulder.

Hi Keith,

Yes, agreed, there is a substantial psychological and legal difference (citizens w/ Bill of Rights v. subjects). Again, my humble suggestion is to start acting like citizens and stop acting like subjects. All the complaining and sarcasm in the world doesn't do any good. It's ACTION that counts here.

There's absolutely no reason why Brits can't hav a Bill of Rights too. Truth be told, you already have a Bill of Rights (1689 Bill of Rights) but it stopped short in the area of individual rights. So, it would really just be a matter of taking already existing UK law and expanding upon it in the area of individual civil rights and liberties.

These things (changing the law) all start somewhere, and, in my experience it starts the moment action is taken and not before. Complaining and criticising the gov't is all fine and good but don't expect change for the better until you harness public awareness and consensus through resources and action. Just my $.02.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Cliff,
Its too late to follow your advice.
All over the UK are a plethora of 'golfball' listening stations, scanning both landline and mobile networks , operated in conjunction with your NSA. One set of such devices is only 8 miles from my house.
They would get plenty warning of any groundswell of resentment and any associated organising of opposition. Here, mobile phone company's are being ordered to record all calls and keep those recordings for 10 years.
Coupled with , at the last count, over 100,000 cctv cameras, Big Brother is already here. Long live the birth place of democracy !! Ha f"""""g Ha

Back