RaceDeck Garage floor

I think it looks nice, but I wouldn't use it. First, it is expensive and I think better solutions are out there for me (like Armstrong industrial tile at .68 a sq ft and easy to get and replace and available in many colors). I would think that the texture on the tile would tend to trap dirt and be mroe difficult to clean - I am going for a smooth flooring product myself.

My opinion-
Mike

Ron Earp

Admin
Those guys inquired about being a sponsor here at GT40s.com and some group buys. At the time I didn't have any space for another advertiser and told them as much. But, we do have a couple of slots now and I might contact them again. Could be a good deal for forum members who are interested.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Marcus -

I looked at them and got some samples and they didn't seem all that durable. Also hollow sounding when you walk on them. The ones that I did like were more industrial, check out a brand called Lock-Tile they may be made in the EU as well. Much more durable and were SOLID material vs. most of the other hallow type flooring. I got samples of the Lock Tiles and they were very good. It comes in an odd size likely metric :)

Evertile Flooring Co.

All of it is pretty expensive, you likely could do the garage in hardwood for the same price ;)

One other thing, welding, grinding, and other hot things will definitely be a problem if a shop with lots of hot stuff hitting the ground. So far I just have nice flat cement, but would love to have the lock-tiles

Sandy

look on EBAY under Garage flooring, there are some rubber tiles that are similiar and seem more substantial than the Racedeck type tiles. Sams club now carries a nice product

As usual, you´ve been very helpful with your opinions, many thanks.
Seems Lock Tiles are really worth a second look.

Best,
Marcus

Just tiled my garage a couple of weeks ago (see pic.). So far so good. I got the tiles through Raceway Tile (Adam Hyden), for $2.25/sq. ft. plus $10 per box shipping, i.e. $100 per box of 40 tiles, delivered. No hassle and fast service. Adam is very helpful.

[email protected]
423-618-1411

Attachments

• email2.jpg
    email2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 248
Back