Rainy track day...

Most of you guys already know this, but I just got back from a full day of full course VIR in the rain. I think I learned more than in any single day on track ever (I have been out in the damp before, but nothing like this). To top it off, a 60 car day became a two car day, so I lapped uninterrupted from 2:30 to 4:00, saw no one else. Fantastic!

Cheers
-J.

Malcolm

Supporter
Well done for staying out in the rain. I always support wet weather days like that as you learn so much. Really keeps you focused though doesn't it? Which course did you use at VIR?

Well done for staying out in the rain. I always support wet weather days like that as you learn so much. Really keeps you focused though doesn't it? Which course did you use at VIR?

This was full course. Oh yes, you definitely stay focused! Amazing how the track can change every lap, in unexpected ways.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Good for you! It's amazing how much you learn under wet conditions. I had a similar experience in sunny seattle with a cobra. I ended up with an inch of water in the foot boxes but had a blast! The front strait, the drag strip, had just been treated with VHT and was like an ice rink. :shocked:

ms.jpg

Back