VW buying DUCATI?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Marcus,
I was in Imola and Bologna this morning and the word on the street is that it was tried a few years ago and failed. As it will again.......

Ragazzi,

I read yesterday where Piech has a Ducati as his motorbike.

I am sure he can convince the powers that are that VW can acquire them (or is it Porsche??)

Ciao
Dom

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes - apparently he rides a 999 though I dont know if it's the S or the B.
The R is a bit too much of a brute on the road. I ride the 999B but I've never had anyone pillion nor do I know anyone who has.
Ducati 999s

I'm not sure that VW buying Ducati would be such a bad thing!
I have a Paul Smart Replica that has been sat under a cover in my garage all winter. I fired it up last weekend and rode it to On Yer Bike at Aylesbury for a check over before my trip to the Le Mans MotoGP next month.
Every single fastner and bracket on the bike has corroded slightly over the winter period even thought the bike was put away dry and has never been ridden in the wet!
Ducati make some of the most beautiful bikes in the world but the build quality can be shocking.

Woah...last September, on the day before my wedding, I was on the brink of buying a 1000 Sport which I find just stunningly beautiful. Maybe it was a good idea not to do so (and therefore saving my wife´s wedding mood...)

BTW, Piech is riding a 1098 R.

Best,

Marcus

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Marcus.
He's moved on then. I looked at one yesterday morning but decided I'm not rich enough. The 999 will do for another year.
Andy,
where do you live? as I frequent 'on yer bike' occasionally - like when I've won the lottery.
Dave

Hi Dave,

I live over at Faringdon (west of Oxford). I know what you mean about On Yer Bike, they certainly know how to charge. I must admit though I have always had great service from them. My MDA should be finished in the next 6 to 8 weeks so we'll have to organise to meet up and make some noise either with the bikes or the cars!

Back