Galmer Arbritage GT

Has anyone been following or know anything about this kit car under development? Here is a link: Galmer::Abritage GT::

And a quick preview:

20060904204116.jpg

I think it looks and sounds pretty bad ass, atleast on paper. I have emailed them but have not received any replies to the development or projected cost of the kit. I am thinking that with all of the carbon fiber used virtually everywhere and ammenities like finger print door locks and starter switch and full factory type interior, this kit without engine/trans can't be much lower than 100 grand, even if it's made in Thailand. I doubt the performance would beat Fran's SLC, even at twice the kit cost. Although, for those with undoubtedly large cash reserves, the Arbritage GT does look pretty interesting!

What are your thoughts?

I pay no attention to any of the many sites you can find advertising these sort of cars unless they show pictures of a real existing driving car "in the metal". And even that is only the start if you want to sell to the top of the market - your car will not be perfect out of the box, that takes development, which takes time and money.

Far too may people think just because they can draw and render a sexy looking car that they can build and sell them.

Cheers

Fred W B

That is true about just designing a car and not putting it into production. Happens often. I do never the less think the design is pretty interesting. It will be cool to see if this gets off the ground.

Seems just a little odd to me that someone would take advantage of the lower production costs of building the body etc in Thailand and not apply the same principal to manufacture of say the Transaxle for example by having it built in Asia as well, after all as an individual component cost of the car it's probably somewhere in the region of the body shell value.

Back