At what point should one seek therapy??

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
But honey....all my forum buddies have em..... Figured I wouldn't try "the chicks dig em" line.

Some of you know I have been keeping my eyes open for "the right" Pantera for a few years, well stumbled across that one last week. Best part is...it was 45 minutes from my house. She's rock solid...just needs a lot of love, which starts with removing the wing.;)

The question that comes to my mind now is at what point does one have to acknowledge that he has a problem and seek therapy....:eek:

Attachments

• P1150238.jpg
    P1150238.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 325
  • P1150235.jpg
    P1150235.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 285
  • P1150240.jpg
    P1150240.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 287
  • P1150243.jpg
    P1150243.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 316

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
But honey....all my forum buddies have em..... Figured I wouldn't try "the chicks dig em" line.

The question that comes to my mind now is at what point does one have to acknowledge that he has a problem and seek therapy....:eek:

Well, Rob

I can't say that Chicks dig the Pantera more than the GT40, but it sure makes a nice garage mate!

Regarding when to seek therapy... um, that would be a while ago according to my friends... :D

Congratulations!

Mark

Attachments

• Stackedlr.jpg
    Stackedlr.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 298
Rob,
agree to Fran ! Very nice addition to your garage.
I love pantera´s too, but too difficult to get a nice one in europe ( they are all rotted).
I also with you regarding the wing. I personally like the clean look of the basic body.
This is one of my favorites
Mikes20Pantera20042101204.jpg

love the 17" original style wheels

TOM

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Nice motor, Rob - what I would give for a garage like that.

For that matter - just an empty garage:)

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
when yu.....

a) run out of money.
b) run out of wives.

occasionally, but not exclusively, both!:eek:

Awesome! There is no cure, and if they make it, I won't take it!

I am literally waiting for Fran to give me the bad news (ie the bill) any day now, so probably not the best time to be doing anything silly. But when you wish you never sold your 355 GTS, what are the chances a local guy is going to call you up and say "hey, you have an Exige S, I have a GTS, want to trade?" I mean, you just don't mess with things when they are obviously meant to be!

Attachments

• tires50b.jpg
    tires50b.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 355F1GTSa40.jpg
    355F1GTSa40.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 355F1GTSb40.jpg
    355F1GTSb40.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 228
Rob,

So many toys. jealous? me?
Pantera looks a cracker!
Knew someone who bought one in the late 70's. T'was an early 70's car that had at some time been (at least partly) in the sea. it literally fell apart before his eyes!

Simon

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hey guys....
Mark: Love that pic. Too damn cool.
Fran: :tongue3:
Tom: I love those wheels. Exactly the ones I want to replace the crappy aftermarket ones with.
Richard: One of the perks to US living "Space". It is significantly offset by the value of the dollar as of late....:cry:
JacMac: My concern exactly. However, prefer Richards or Salmons perspective I think. But...probably due to not wanting to accept the potential for an issue.
Paulo: Know anyone who needs one....;)

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
At what point should one seek therapy?

Just before you start calling around to see how much you can get for the wife and kids extra kidneys so you can get a nicer car.

Well I would say you are just fine and don't need any therapy.
I have wanted to put a wing on my Pantera since I got it. I see its not a popular option here. We have the same taste 1966 Mustang Fastback, RCR-40, 1972 Pantera, and a FFR Cobra. Now I need another 33-34 Ford 3 window like the one I sold.
Jeff Hamilton

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Mark, we think a lot a like man. I always say my garage time keeps me sane.
Pat, funny you say that, as I always joke with the kids that I am going to E-bay them off.
Jeff, I appreciate the reassuring comments, however fear that taking this advise from you might not be totally prudent. Kinda like two crack addicts hanging out together..... "Don't listen to them....you're OK man. We can quit any time we want.."

BTW... lost the wing this morning before I got crackin on the 40.

Attachments

• P1150274.jpg
    P1150274.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 241

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
We sure must Rob, although I must say, I would never let a 7 year old drive my Pantera. I guess you are just one really trusting guy! :D

BTW, MUCH better without the wing. I find it only looks right on the GT5 cars for which it was intended, but like you, I think Tom Tijarda got it right and the later versions of the Pantera just got fussier.

Enjoy the ride, and if you need any help, let me know.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
You are past the point of no return Rob... Pretty car, especially without the disco wing.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
My fiance' and I were told to make a wish list of all the things we wanted to accomplish. Small goals, intermediate goals, and long term goals. Had to be a list of 100 goals total. Wanna see mine?

1) RCR SL-R
2) RCR SL-C
3) Pantera GT5
4) RCR GT40 MkI
5) RCR GT40 MkIV
6) RCR 917
7) Porsche 911-GT1
8) Ferrari F40
8) Ferrari 512 S/M

Are you seeing a trend here? That's all I can remember from the list, I mean there's a few other things, but still. I'm 29 years old, If you need therapy for having these cool toys, I need therapy for constantly thinking about them! I'm just lucky I have a girl who thinks it's cute and understands that once I have the money, I will have many MANY toys. At least that's the impression I have BEFORE we get married... uh oh...

Laters,

Brian

Back