Wrecked my car

My wife and I took a short afternoon Sunday drive like many others we had done before, but this one turned out different. We had a nice drive and were heading back home when a car heading towards us made an abrupt left turn in front of us. I stepped on the brakes, but with the short distance between us maybe 12 feet or so I T-Boned the little Ford Focus. My wife and I are ok thankfully. It took me 20 years to realize my dreams, and only a few seconds for someone to take them away from me.

Small Video
Cobra Bites The Dust

Large Video
Cobra Bites The Dust

Before Photo's
Adobe Web Photo Gallery

See a short video my son made for us and some other pictures on the above links.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Allen - VERY happy to hear that you and your wife are alright...

As you know - we can always build another car... Yes, I know it was special to you and will always hold a special place in your heart..

My computer (Mac) for some reason will not open your movies - but it sounds bad enough....

Hang in there my friend...

Allen,

My thoughts go out to you both following your accident especially as i had a front ender myself this past weekend. As Big-Foot says you can always build another car and your insurance means that you will be able to have it as new again in the near future.
You are both OK though and thats the main thing.

Graham.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Allen,
Sorry to hear. She was a beauti...and I'm sure will be again. Glad to know you guys are OK..that's the important part.

Ouch. It is emotionally gut-wrenching when your baby gets wrecked through no fault of your own. But, as others have said, at least you are still here and able to enjoy cars again in the future. All that chassis and fibreglass damage was absorbing energy and protecting your wife and yourself from worse damage.

All the best,

Dalton

Posted By: Dlampe
Man, that sucks! Did the driver in the focus have any thing to say?
The first words out of his mouth were
My insurance will take care of your car

1FKSiSa4IL2O2xlCAcRL8twMs4fqnFz6M6zYt8_WERLyMBrpI0bdv-TljpdyG7HI3C2Uc7cVDC1_4QZQeFVBoLPi0FRtIAzoZqfYAKVk2U9o5UE0-YE4vL4Zyr1hNW0wYiwYWWuLTAVpI1cdmvwTweUaPO53JFKPw8mhdhXZFV8

Not sure how much damage was done. The front left wheel was used as a bumper when I hit the car, and the upper frame is moved back and over. The body is a total loss.

HJPXru3RqvRpV6zOhKr4m0J6thVJ6yazC0CnQyca73-9nuQENOCvNxF9HfXCS1196Akla0foefIbyAGGKkRK4Y7UYcEj4deVBSFKx58WuZycwIjHHutUfC45bHZcgRcnUaK0xjfVsTolmGiqa1_5H5Npv6DmorBOKr4m1DmLOi8

I am gutted for you. Cant imagine what it is like to have put in so much work and see it wrecked like that. I hope you will be able to get over the upset and build again. She must have been an absolute beauty and it would be great to hear you got your dream again.

Very glad you and your wife are OK.

Posted By:Womabt
Allen, sorry to see this.
Is it a total write off then, buckled chassis, etc ?

Not sure if it is a total write off, but the body sure is. Upper frame is tweaked and there could be suspension damage on the left from the tire bouncing off the other car. The dash is attached to part of the frame and has been moved back.

PS I will try to have a down loadable video available soon.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Allen, first and foremost, it's great to hear that you and your wife are ok. Your car was one of the nicest I've seen anywhere, and I'm sure you'll get her back on the road and just as nice.

-Brent

It took me 20 years to realize my dreams, and only a few seconds for someone to take them away from me.

Someone else said:

"Cant imagine what it is like to have put in so much work and see it wrecked like that. I hope you will be able to get over the upset and build again."

Not to belittle the effort in any way as I KNOW how much work goes into every one of these creations, but you guys should try being a race car mechanic. You pour your heart and soul into the car and in seconds it can be mostly a "do over" that has to be done in a couple weeks......while you're traveling on the road. THAT REALLY sucks. Especially if you happen to get a crappy driver and have to do it half a dozen times in a season.

Anyway, the jist of my post here is to say, "hey, yeah, it was a lot of effort, but you can fix it, and many others have been in your shoes or worse." As others have said, be thankful you are worrying about repairing the car and not your health. It could have been a lot worse. Keep your chin up.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Allen,

Very sorry to learn the news. That really sucks.

That the two of you are in good shape physically is the best part. The next Cobra (40?) will no doubt be even better...

T.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7w6S14cazjs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

My car is now at SoFast LLC. and we will see if it will be repaired. I personally think the only way I will be happy with it would be to buy another frame and body and then to transfer everything on over or that they total my car and I move on. A 40?? very possibly... but I will still crave a cobra and probably build another one some day. Time will tell.

Back