2 seater Jaguar

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
On ebay UK at the moment.
Item number is 300251617211.
And the clue for the listeners at home is "IT WOULD NEED A LARGE GARAGE" !!

mmmm - you're not wrong there Dave.

I was lucky enough to get a 'hands on' flight in the rear seat for a few hours some years back as a civilian engineer in ZB615.. also a 2-seater.

MyAviation.net - Aviation Photo Gallery

A lot of fun - although I suspect the neighbours in our close might be a bit hacked off if I parked a jet on the front lawn... :laugh3: :devilish:

I don't know about your neighbors Paul but back in 1972 I treated my neighbors (in our new housing tract) to a wingless Globe Swift that sat on my front lawn.
The FAA had done a spot inspection and thought that the ripples in the main spar, visible in the whell wells, were excessive and "something" needed to be done!
The "something" was I had to remove the outer wings and then pull the fuel tanks so I could get behind the spar and attach some angle aluminum pieces to the upper and lower extrusion that made up the spar.
My neighbors were very happy when I got divorced and sold the home and departed with the Swift never to be seen again!
This was a women who whined about my motorcyles. whined about my 57 T-Bird ( had to sell and get a 62 406 Galaxy so we could toe around her worthless friends).
Later on she whined about my first Sunbeam Tiger so I got rid of that but when she stared on the Swift I finally gave her the boot!
The Swift survived 3 divorces over the 20 years I owned it, each flight memorable to say the least.
Never surrender the Dream!
Dave
Dave

Back