Headed down to South Texas for my big deal...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well guys, I'm heading down to the Harlingen area tomorrow afternoon to meet up with the buyer & seller of the big ranches I'm selling. I already have a signed contract for 3 ranches and hopefully will come back with another one signed for at least 2 more. This could be an enormous deal for me and completely change my life and my family's life. Wish me luck!!

Laters,

Brian

Hope everything goes according to plan.

If everything does work out as hoped, when are you planning on placing your deposit for the SL-C?

I'm expecting a top rate build log from you.

Brian Hamilton

Hope everything goes according to plan.

If everything does work out as hoped, when are you planning on placing your deposit for the SL-C?

I'm expecting a top rate build log from you.

So sorry, no build thread from me. I'm getting Fran to do it all. Haha! I'm getting a turnkey because I'm a jackass. I admit it. maybe Fran will make an awesome build log for us?

So sorry, no build thread from me. I'm getting Fran to do it all. Haha! I'm getting a turnkey because I'm a jackass. I admit it. maybe Fran will make an awesome build log for us?

Dang, that means you could be driving your car before I'm driving mine.

Don't worry, I'd do the same thing if I was super rich. It's so annoying having an incredibly awesome car sitting in your garage that you're unable to drive.

Brian Hamilton

Dang, that means you could be driving your car before I'm driving mine.

Don't worry, I'd do the same thing if I was super rich. It's so annoying having an incredibly awesome car sitting in your garage that you're unable to drive.

Super rich... Not quite. Super lazy and kinda scared I'd mess it up, more like it. LOL Plus I don't have a garage to build it in, yet. To be honest, I'll probably wait a year to order it. I'll let the money sit in an account and gain interest for a year. That will also give me time to get everything here sorted out and prepared for it.

Just got a call from the buyer, he's going to write the earnest money check when he lands tomorrow!! Things are coming together!

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Brian, do NOT let the money sit in an account for a year - if you do, the only interest will be from an "interested party" - eg. a wife, partner, ex-wife, kids who "need" to buy a house, etc.....

As soon as the cheques clear, push Fran's button !!!

Carpe Diem !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Indeed, live the dream as soon as you can as you never know when something unexpected will happen that means you no longer can.

Brian - Take the advice from all those who have been there.If we had the money and opportunity when we were young to do what you now have the chance to do,we wouldn't be in this position.So many things get in the way as life progresses.The saying "the only things you'll regret are not the things you did but the things you didn't" is SO true. DO IT NOW! (or I'll fill out the order myself and forge your name) A.J.

Brian Hamilton

(or I'll fill out the order myself and forge your name) A.J.

As long as you fill out the check from your bank too... LOL

As for the order, we were thinking that the money that would be spent on that would be good to have sitting with the rest in investments for a year. Then I can order the car and already made money off what I was going to spend. I dunno, we're going to talk to our financial planner as soon as I get the check and we'll figure out what to do then. They're pretty adamant about me getting the car though, so good news for Brian!!! LOL

As for the trip, little update...
Went down and met with the buyer & seller. Seller I have met before when I went down to list the properties and get everything photographed and all that good stuff. Buyer's a really cool guy. Anyway, we went and looked at all these properties and his mouth was on the floor the whole time. He signed that he was pleased and accepted the ranches as is. He also is getting on contract for another 851 acre property for wind energy production for another $2.5M as well as the condo we were staying at for $652,000. He's actually still staying there. It's on South Padre Island about 1/4 mile from the Schlitterbahn water park and right on the beach. It's on the 22nd floor and is absolutely insane. 2400 sq ft, 2br, 2ba, balconies off the master and living room, overlooking the inter-coastal waterway and the gulf (one on each side of the condo). Anyway, it was a great trip and I had a $2,667,000 check in my hand 3 days ago. That was the earnest money on the $26.67M deal. So, I'd say things are working out.

Oh, another thing that happened while I was there. The buyer and I were talking one night over beers and he asked what it would take for me to sell & buy real estate in Florida. I told him it's just a matter of getting my state license there because I already passed my national tests. He said he would pay for all my expenses and fly me to Florida to get all that taken care of. He has some business he's doing there and likes the way I have held this deal together and helped everyone out and he wants to use me exclusively for all his real estate business. He's looking at quite a few properties there as well as here in Texas. Then the seller told me that he wants to use me for an upcoming $90M deal he's going to tie up once this whole sale is done with. :shocked: Needless to say I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, that's where I've been and what I've been doing.

What did I miss here?

Laters,

Brian

Brian,

Go for it. You won't be sorry! Join us paupers.. or in the alternative ,you could join the Goldman Sachs forum blog. ( they would dig your deal). Lol..

Hey Brian,
Thanks for taking us along for the ride, nice to read how your opportunity is developing. "Car guy gets a break" .... hell even Mozart (collector in California) started somewhere. All the best, but remember there can be trolls and moles in every forum.

Its great to see a persons skills/personality fall into line with an apportunity and have it all click, keep us updated....(but not too detailed) Thumbs up!

Looking forward to having another brother in the SLC 'hood.

Brian Hamilton

Trust me, I want to! I have to clear it with the Minister of Finances first. But I don't think it'll be too bad. Especially seeing as how I just go the contracts signed on the other properties for a combined $3,152,000. I think that bumps me up to a nice reward for myself. Haha.

God I hope this all goes through....

Pray for me!!

Back