Headed down to South Texas for my big deal...

Brian,just work a little 3 bay garage outside of Austin :cowboy: into the deal for me,please.Don't need a house,I'll just put a cot in the 3rd bay next to the 40. A.J.

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
HAHAHAHA!!!!

We're actually going to build the house here in Brownwood. Closer to Motorsport Ranch! :thumbsup:

BUT, I don't need to get really crazy excited about all this until it all goes through. It's really damn hard though.

Don't worry though, April already told me we are building a big shop with enough tools to do anything we want to or need to. She hates not being prepared. I just told her I loved her. LOL

Laters,

Brian

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
HAHAHAHA!!!!

We're actually going to build the house here in Brownwood.
Brian

Congrats, Brian! You've worked hard for this, go get the dream!

You wouldn't be getting lucky enough to build on that hill above Brownwood as you come in on the highway from the northwest, would you? That is one STUNNING view as you come over that rise at night and there is Brownwood lit up all over in front of you.....imagine cresting that hilltop in an SL-C with that panoramic view from the cockpit!

Enjoy!

Doug

Brian Hamilton

Congrats, Brian! You've worked hard for this, go get the dream!

You wouldn't be getting lucky enough to build on that hill above Brownwood as you come in on the highway from the northwest, would you? That is one STUNNING view as you come over that rise at night and there is Brownwood lit up all over in front of you.....imagine cresting that hilltop in an SL-C with that panoramic view from the cockpit!

Enjoy!

Doug

Yeah it is awesome coming into Brownwood from Bangs. Especially at night. But that property is owned by the city and they have a park up there so that's a no-go I'm afraid. We're actually going to build in a small town right outside of Brownwood called Zephyr. It's about as big as a dinner plate. LOL But it's got a really good school and the daughter loves it.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Oh, well, you can still take the SL-C out for a night run! I can imagine that view through that panoramic cockpit...it would be like piloting a fighter jet as you come over than hill and down into Brownwood, I bet!

I've been to Zephyr, love the town, I'm from a small town and can't wait for the chance to move away from the urban insanity that has become Houston, TX! I own a vacation/project/retirement home in SW Kansas and the path I choose when I drive there is from Houston to Austin to Brownwood to Abeiline to Shamrock to Canadian and then through the OK panhandle and into SW Kansas at Liberal. From Liberal the "High Plains Hacienda" is only 90 miles.....probably about a 45 minute cruise in an SL-C. I can imagine the way the coyotes would howl at the sound of that 3-rotor engine you're using......believe me, nobody out in that desolate corner of the world has ever heard one of those!

Zephyr is a bit bigger than the small SW Kansas town in which the "High Plains Hacienda" is located. It is on a U.S. Highway, U.S. 160, and it's 4 blocks long, 3 blocks wide, and has a total population of 118. I tell my friends that the conversation goes this way as you approach and leave the town: "Gee, that's a nice little town we're coming to, wasn't it?"

But the peace and tranquility is mesmerizing....I can sit outside and watch the traffic go by in the evening on U.S. 160--two, maybe three cars an hour. Rush hour is a bit different, it lasts about 30 seconds and probably includes as many as 10 cars. West of the HPH, there's a 127 mile stretch of road between Springfield, CO and Trinidad, CO, the last time I drove that stretch we saw 14 vehicles, and two of those were dirt bikes with kids riding between farm fields to check on the livestock. I envision a late night banzaii run on that 127 mile stretch in a 40, just to see how quickly I can travel that far---the road is so straight you could have laid the center line with a laser!

Love hearing about your adventures, Brian.....keep it up!

Doug

Brian Hamilton

Next time you head up there, give me a shout and stop on by. Love to meet up with you again and this time you can meet the new family.

As for the SLC, I'll be using a 4 rotor, not a 3 rotor. 3 rotors are for panzies. LOL They both sound insane though. I could get a twin turbo 3 rotor for about half the cost of the 4 rotor, but I'm all about being different. To each his own I guess. Hahaha

Doug - Better watch your ass on those 140mph blasts at night.If you centerpunch 'ol Elsie crossing the road, that'll be it for both of you.Can't do that here in New England because of Bambi (hit 3 so far with many near misses). The only roads with a straight stretch for over a 1/2 mile are the interstates. Brian - may get down there(Austin) with the band in the future.You should have the SL-C about done by then. A.J.

Brian Hamilton

Doug - Better watch your ass on those 140mph blasts at night.If you centerpunch 'ol Elsie crossing the road, that'll be it for both of you.Can't do that here in New England because of Bambi (hit 3 so far with many near misses). The only roads with a straight stretch for over a 1/2 mile are the interstates. Brian - may get down there(Austin) with the band in the future.You should have the SL-C about done by then. A.J.

Hahaha, yeah Deer SUCK!

Give me a shout next time you're down this way man. We'll have to hook up. If all goes the way it should, I'll definitely have the SL-C by then. Depending on how quickly Mr. Hall works, as well as the engine guy. :thumbsup:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, it is quite deserted and home to lots of wildlife--I saw a couple of deer, but the animal that intrigued me the most was an antelope. It crossed the road about 1/4 mile in front of me and instead of jumping over the barbed wire fence, like I expected, it squated down and went under the bottom wire. I never expected that!

Band? What's this about a band, AJ? I've played guitar for 38 years, hold my own with most....if you get down here to see Brian, let me know you're coming and maybe we can all get together, we can fill the tub of that SL-C with ice, drop a keg in there, and just prop ourselves up on that SL-C's fenders and jam out.......oh, well, maybe that's not such a good idea (the part about the SL-C, that is)!

Doug

Brian Hamilton

....if you get down here to see Brian, let me know you're coming and maybe we can all get together, we can fill the tub of that SL-C with ice, drop a keg in there, and just prop ourselves up on that SL-C's fenders and jam out.......

How bout NO Scott? LOL

When this thing gets finalized, we will get our house built and then you guys can just crash there. LOL Don't sit on the SL-C!!! You'll mess up the pretty white paint.

Brian,I'm glad you're going to do this this as soon as the deal goes through.It will do 2 things: 1) you'll own one of the most outrageous cars on the road and 2) your wife will always know where you are - in the garage,the car,or the doghouse. I hope Fran gets started on this soon after your order or you will need major anxiety therapy :stunned:. I just sent Fran an e-mail advising him there is no rush to finish mine.Chassis is done but I'd rather the body have time to cure well before painting. Just as well as I do not have heat in the garage and it gets cold as **** here;easy to mess things up when your hands don't function. The band I work for had intended to go to Austin a while back to produce their next CD but the dates got cancelled with the severe flooding that occurred.Guitarist(his band) plays a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughn so he'd go well in Austin.He knows some of SRV's band,one of whom was going to produce the CD.May get this rescheduled but it's not my call.Band plays mostly blues/blues rock.Had #1 tune on a midwestern radio stn blues program and voted "best of" in their slot 2 yrs running here. Unfortunately blues is now niche music and not commercially 'attractive'. Doug,I play guitar :guitarist: (sort of),acoustic gigs both solo and with the band's acoustic shows(I do sound and guitar/bass/drum/electronics tech duties when full electric).Dont play electric guitar much now.Main axe is a Taylor514C (cedar top w/Fishman stereo p/u).Other stuff:Fender DGSCE30 acoustic/elec(made for a couple years when Fender was trying to compete in high end ac/el market);1962 Gibson J200(last of the handfitted J200's,this one was played by Mississsippi John Hurt);and a custom/special order Howard Roberts archtop jazz model(all gold hardware,complete ivory binding,when it was ok to use ivory,and a neck mounted P90 - this guitar spent time on the big band circuit with a player in Les Brown's orchestra). Anyway,I'll look you guys up when I finally get down there.Sorry about the thread drift but Doug did ask about it. ( If somebody is interested I could send a band CD. ) Keep your feet on the ground for now,Brian and don't forget to respect the client's privacy. A.J. PS - I hope you can pull the upholstery out of the SL-C so it doesn't get wet when we dump the ice and the beer in!

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

Brian,I'm glad you're going to do this this as soon as the deal goes through.It will do 2 things: 1) you'll own one of the most outrageous cars on the road and 2) your wife will always know where you are - in the garage,the car,or the doghouse. I hope Fran gets started on this soon after your order or you will need major anxiety therapy :stunned:. I just sent Fran an e-mail advising him there is no rush to finish mine.Chassis is done but I'd rather the body have time to cure well before painting. Just as well as I do not have heat in the garage and it gets cold as **** here;easy to mess things up when your hands don't function.
...Blah blah blah blah...
Keep your feet on the ground for now,Brian and don't forget to respect the client's privacy. A.J. PS - I hope you can pull the upholstery out of the SL-C so it doesn't get wet when we dump the ice and the beer in!

WAAAAAT!!!!!

Nevermind, you guys can't come to my house and play. :furious: LOL

OK,OK,we'll use a cooler.But we get to plug in the guitars,right?(your neighbors will never look at you the same way again)

Brian Hamilton

OK,OK,we'll use a cooler.But we get to plug in the guitars,right?(your neighbors will never look at you the same way again)

I live in the country and we're going to buy acreage. No neighbors for a while. Jam out all you want!!

Starting to show your true colours now Brian , wine & cheese more your style eh!

Hell no! Give me a cold beer anyday, or maybe some margaritas... Mmmmm

Little update, the buyer & seller went out yesterday and the buyer shot a 700lb Nilgai at the 3,141 acre ranch. As if the deal wasn't sealed before, it sure as hell is now. Haha. They both called me at the same time and were telling me all about it. That's some gooood eating right there my friends.

I'm not even going to ask you what a 700lb whateverthatwas , actually is. And .......acreage is a good thing. How about a 1/4 mile dirt oval down in the back forty? A.J.

Brian Hamilton

I'm not even going to ask you what a 700lb whateverthatwas , actually is. And .......acreage is a good thing. How about a 1/4 mile dirt oval down in the back forty? A.J.

Nilgai... Search it. Nevermind, here...

Nilgai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for a dirt track... No. LOL Eventually I want to have enough land to put my own road course on my property and just drive and drive and drive.

That's heaven.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
As for a dirt track... No. LOL Eventually I want to have enough land to put my own road course on my property and just drive and drive and drive.

That's heaven.

Make sure the "loop" is big enough to hold a 1/4 mile dragstrip, please! Gotta give equal time to the various G-forces!

Doug

Just put a 'dirt' oval in the infield, that way Al & I can check out your SLC to see if it really is up to 'Export' standards after you 'pukka' types have checked out the air con etc. Be no good for Ockers n Kiwis if it leaks dust in thru the tub.:)

Back