Indy leaves Surfers Paradise.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:tongue3:The Indy Racing League has confirmed that Surfers Paradise will not be on its schedule in 2009 as the series was "unable to come to agreement on a long-term scheduling solution" with Australian officials.
However it looks like an agreement will be reached to have a round of the A1GP Championship run there.
Not that it matters much, because everyone goes to see the V8 Supercars.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete

I'm sure it has something to do with banning bare breasted ladies at this years event.

By the way, I'll be in Brisbane from the 29th Dec till the 4th of Jan - we should catch up for a beer!

A1GP or Indy cars ..... basically the same thing, a one make series ..... which is almost as good as the two make series it shares the weekend with!

cheers

Murray

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
This is just another sound move by the idiots managing the IRL. It wasn't enough to gut open wheel racing in North America and then sit patiently and watch it nearly bleed to death... actions like this makes one wonder what these morons will do next.

No argument about the Supercars, Pete - THAT's racing!

T.

Keith

Talking about A1GP, I've just learned (I'm slow) that Ferrari are supplying the engines this season and "advising" on chassis design and construction and that this seasons car is based on the 2004 F1 car with tyres by Michelin.

So, a global one make F1 rival series effectively controlled by Ferrari?

Hmmmmm....:lipsrsealed:

Has anyone ever seen an A1GP race? is it any good?

Jesus Keith , where have you been? The racing is excellent with "push to pass", big fat slicks and young drivers willing to have a go at passing other than in the pits. I find it more attractive than F1. This years chassis was essentially the F2004 Ferrari as driven by the Schu to many victories. They have a sprint race and a longer one incorporating pit stops during which the number of personnel allowed over the fence is minimal so it really is a "team" type event.

Good racing ... worth watching and we actually have a team in it!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete

I'm sure it has something to do with banning bare breasted ladies at this years event.

By the way, I'll be in Brisbane from the 29th Dec till the 4th of Jan - we should catch up for a beer!

Hi Bill, I will be at Noosa during those dates, so the beer might have to wait until the AGP in March.

Back