It's all in the marketing...

This drink is said to be ready to be introduced to Australia, but sadly,was a terrible failure in Great Britain....;) (youngest daughter;you'd never know our ancestry is Welsh,would you?)

Attachments

• DSCF2780.jpg
    DSCF2780.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I know my eyes are stuffed, but I think I can make out one word on the label--'disinfectant'--- which makes it hard to understand why it was such a failure in Great Britain.:) Perhaps Fran could do a sample taste & give us his opinion!!

Keith

I know my eyes are stuffed, but I think I can make out one word on the label--'disinfectant'--- which makes it hard to understand why it was such a failure in Great Britain.:) Perhaps Fran could do a sample taste & give us his opinion!!

I'll ignore that Jac, but more worryingly, doesn't that say "Only 35 Calories" on the label?

You would have to ask Al, Keith, but he is as blind as us, probably thought it was 35% proof & drank it all himself:), guess if we dont hear from him in the next couple of days we should reclassify it as---'''tastes like crap,please dont drink it'''.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Al,
it's a b****d of a drink mate.

Dave

not sure whether you will get that joke. let me know and I'll explain the inner workings of my mind if necessary. Probably comes from watching Aussie films at an impressionable age:laugh:

Haven't touched the stuff as,on closer inspection, it doesn't contain any ethanol ('disinfectant'). But where else could you find 'POM in a bottle'? ...on second thought,probably in any pub.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
By word of explanation -I have met and worked with plenty Aussies over the years, and loved their straight talking sense of humour. It cracks me up when they talk about poms,pommies, in films too, but sometimes it is accompanied by another word. It must be the way they say it, but for me it sounds like it is a badge of honour, so somehow I take a perverse pleasure in being a pommie b*st**d.:thumbsup:

regards
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dave the word Pommie just means an Englishman, as Aussie means an Austrailian, the word bastard however can have numerous meanings.
For instance "Not a bad Pommie bastard" means you are a good bloke.
Rotton Bastard, Low bastard, sneaky bastard, means you are not thought well of at all.
Lucky bastard, means you have good fortune, if you are called a cunning bastard that could be a term of respect or the exact opposite, so needs further investigation. "Wadda ya mean by that ya bastard'? is a normal response.
I'm pretty sure that you are not a bad sort of bastard, for a Pommie.:heart:

Back