Any Other Dog Lovers?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
DSC_0125_20090701_372.JPG

These are my two buddies, Toby and Piper, they are Cartigan Corgies. They are very smart little guys. I am fairly sure they are alian life forms, sent to take over my life:)

Any one else have dogs?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Doc,

Six dogs, no wonder you have so much land!

When I was growing up we always has cats, and I love cats. But about three years ago my wife got a Corgi and I never knew what great fun dogs could be!

Toby loves other dog so much that now he have two. What fun, never a dull moment!

Nice dogs!
We've got two Parson Russell Terriers - "Wallace" & "Gromit", one year old now, great fun if a little bit mad.

I love dogs, and plan on adopting one when our youngest is a little more self-sufficient.

Had a mutt when I was little (it was old by the time I was born, and passed on when I was three), and a Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab mix when I was 13 (she passed on when I was 30). She was a runner and didn't slow down until she hit 13. I would come home from college and walk her 3 times a day, including what amounted to a 2+ hour/2 mile walk usually around 1:00AM. The vet was amazed at her health during her mid years.

My wife used to love cats, and we are on our third now - he's about to turn two. The kids really love him, but they are really wanting a dog these days.

Ian

I love all kinds of petts one cat (we had two butt the other passed away last october) ,a german shepard which wil turn 16 this year
a golden retrever of 6,5
and about 20 koi (my daughter has got two grey rats )

Frank

Dogs are great companions. We have 2 mutts - both adopted because they needed homes bad. IMO that's the only way to get a dog.

One is a brindle 14 year old pitt-lab mix that we got when she was about 5 months old - the shelter that had her named her Bridey. She had been stolen out of someone's yard because she was severely neglected and tied to a tree. She had mange, whipworm, and a BB in her leg. She is one of the greatest dogs I have every had.

The other is some sort of a little poodle-terrier mix, about 12.5 years old. We picked him literally 1 week before we moved from southern CA. We were at the dog park with Bridey and someone dropped this dog off because they found him wandering without any ID and in sorry shape, and figured someone there would do something with him I guess. Well, my wife did something with him and brought him home. He was scared, of course, and we ended up having to take him to the emergency vet for a $200 visit because his ears so bad. We then had him cleaned up and feeling a little more comfortable with us, my wife named him Simon, and we decided to take him with us to Oregon. He sleeps right next to me every night.

We've got two and a half. Taylor, a chocolate lab, is 8. Jazz, the yellow, is 3. And Roxie the half is just barely 1. She eats dog treats, walks on a lead, drinks from the toilet, and makes being a first time cat owner fairly easy to deal with.

Bill

Attachments

• Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 158

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Glad you posted that. My cat Pudge is twelve, will sit and give you her paw, and takes pills (with some encouragement) My godson's cat plays fetch for an hour at a time and when you try to stop, bugs you for more. I love dogs and have had some great ones, but cats are also very bright, trainable, and affectionate. There is a reason God gave us both of them, I think.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Been a dog lover all my life... But one problem is that I'm allergic to most of them...

Here's a picture of our two Maltese Terrorists cOOkie and CoCoa..
They are both Rescue Dogs..

Attachments

• IMG_5122.jpg
    IMG_5122.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 121
Here's our dog "Vasco". He's about 3 1/2 years old...I grew up spending a lot of time around animals at my grand parents farm. so, now we have our own animal :)

P5260388_vascoPridePinkCoralPark_RT_may09.jpg

P6270758_vascoChewSand_PL_Jun09.jpg

L1050431_hairyDogLP_MV_RT_May10.jpg

Last edited:
Our 100 Lb couch potato - best dog I've ever had. Voice like the Hound of the Baskervilles but a very gentle, old soul.

Attachments

• kubwa on couch.jpg
    kubwa on couch.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 140
okay, that is kind of a strange coincidence....I have a terrier mix (some Parsons Russell in him) named "Gromit". Show some pictures Jason!

Here you go (at about 6 months old here), Brown and white is Gromit; Black, Brown and White is Wallace:

Attachments

• Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 043.jpg
    Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 043.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 118.jpg
    Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 118.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 121.jpg
    Cäcilia Camera 4 June 2010 121.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 130
some pictures,
the white one passed away

Attachments

• _MG_1876.jpg
    _MG_1876.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 113_1388.jpg
    113_1388.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Foto0173.jpg
    Foto0173.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 134
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 145

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I love dogs, hot with mustard and onions.........

Only kidding :D
We had an Old English Sheep dog who was a total clown. We were so upset when he died we haven't replaced him, but will get another two smaller dogs when we stop travelling.

Here is our black lab mix, Jack, enjoying the track at Sebring.

He's a great guy, very intelligent, and always alert. Perfect with kids, but won't be dominated by other dogs...

JackatSebring.jpg

Back