Any Other Dog Lovers?

Yeah, I guess I equally enjoy cats and dogs.

We had one cat (appropriately named Tigger) who weighed 18.5 lbs but was not overweight in the slightest. He was just a big damn cat. He used to growl when people came to the door, would jump into the shower while it was on, and drank out of the sink faucet. And was the biggest lap cat/baby in the world. Alas, kidney failure forced us to put him down (though we did seriously consider transplant surgery - cats are actually very good candidates in general since donors are almost always suitable, and we lived in Sacramento at the time so UC Davis' Veterinary Hospital was nearby and is one of the best places to go for that sort of thing).

The current cat is named Scooby Doo (the kids named him) and is also quite intelligent. And very patient with our kids, especially the 9 month old.

I have a good friend who works with dog rescues here in San Diego, so when the time comes, I'll have her keep an eye out for the kind of dog we are looking for. Also, if anyone is interested in Dachshunds in the Coral Springs, FL area, I have a friend who works with Dachshund rescues there (as well as otehr dogs in general).

Ian

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Liked the photo of the Collie a lot... my first dog of my own was a Collie, lived to be thirteen, passed away of old age, thus sparing me the necessity of having to put her to sleep, God bless her. That was in the eighties; I love dogs, but haven't tried again, yet. I guess I'll know when it's time to do it.

I have always been a dog kind of a guy and have 2 beautiful little mini doxies but I recently decided to get a cat.
His name is Maximus.

Attachments

• Picture 464 lion.jpg
    Picture 464 lion.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 124
Well here are my 2, first one is Tosca in a field of Linseed here on the farm
5394026132_f30c007581.jpg

And the second is the young pup Percy at 12 weeks (right little terror!!)

5393429129_73c9f7a507.jpg

They are known as "Mr Noo" and "Mr Poo"

Back