GT40 Cocktail

Pat

Supporter
I was having dinner with an old friend who is a Ford marketing rep. We had some after dinner drinks and he asked me if I knew how to make a "GT40 cocktail". I had no idea and asked him what he was talking about. He told me that at the Detroit auto show in January, 2002 the Ford GT was unveiled and the promotional stand was covered in GT40 chotskies. Journalists and Ford senior execs filled an arena to watch the unveiling of the concept car, and Ford distributed metal replicas of the car's knock-off wheel hub, emblazoned with a GT40 logo. The concept car had its own stand at the show, where visitors were served "GT40 cocktails" by very attractive hostesses. He said that he wasn't able to get one before he was scooted off by the Ford brass.
I thought he was joking but assures me it's true. Does this ring a bell with anyone and if it's true any idea how you make it? My CAV's 10th birthday is next year and it would be fun to celebrate it with a "GT40" on the rocks.

I found this reference to the cocktail.

Metro Times - Babes in arms (and gowns)

This car was so hot Ford even set up a separate bar for it to cool things down, serving only an ice cream concoction known as, natch, the GT40 cocktail (vanilla ice cream, OJ, Amaretto and egg shade).

"egg shade" is yellow food color.

For a blue and orange GT40 cocktail, could you layer Blue Curacao and orange juice?

Pat

Supporter
I drank motor oil once when I was little. Perhaps there's some 10W-40 in there? :drunk:

Me too, but I found out it gives me gas ;)

Thanks for the tips, I plan to make some GT40s this weekend. I've also ordered the card.

Back