JACKASS Member In Wisconsin Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
GT40 Member cscott67 from Wisconsin called me interesest in buying my car. I took the car out of storage,prepped and cleaned it. He came down I took him for a short ride and he told me that he was very interested and that he had to move money around to buy my car. He wanted to drive it and or take the car to the track, but with no registration, I stated that I cant do that in the event he wrecked it I would be liable. I told him that I understand that if he did not want to buy the car. He was asking all the right questions... even ask me what I thought of RCR. I gave him my thoughts. A couple of weeks later he emailed and told me he bought another car. I replied have fun and good luck. Well.. I looked him up on the forum and he already has a KVA since 2003. So basically this JACKASS wasted my time just wanting to drive and play with somebody elses car. SOO BEWARE that any sellers that get a call from a EYE Doctor in Wisconsin that wants to take a look at the car. BEWARE Of this jackA$$. Sickning that even at this car level there are turds.
He never mentioned that he owned a GT40

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Thanks Fran!!!

But a little confused. According to the forum he owns a KVA since 2003 ! Now you say he owns a RCR. I seen no info on the forum that he owns a RCR.. So I will take your word due to your credibility. This ASSHOLE wasted my time and my money to show the car. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about due your share of dreamers and tire kickers. They play you to get a chance to get a ride in one of your dream cars. I give you credit dealing with tire kickers that come to your shop.. Getting a ride and hoping that you get a sale only to realize they wasted you valuable time. "I KNOW THAT'S BUSINESS" BUT.. there intentions is just to get a ride. I don't know why he did this but maybe he is not happy with RCR and comparing RCR with other builders. I'm not sure..But what he did is just wrong. I'v seen your cars at Road America and are excellent. If this Jackass told me he just wanted to see the car and go for a ride...NO PROBLEM!!! I would have done just that. But to play me on a sale..is just sick. I told Ron My comments were just for the sale of my car but I think this thread was justified for the sellers out there. Wish you the well and good fortune Fran..

John

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
posted elsewhere on the forum.,

John,
You are pretty foolish to post those remarks here. I was a cash buyer and sincerely interested in buying your car. I asked you to take the car for a test-drive on the freeway and get the car up to temperature so that I could be sure of the handling abilities and the soundness of the motor/efi system. Your response days later was that you could not do that because the car was untitled and unregistered. I responded I would be happy to bring a truck and trailer and we could take it to a local track. Again, you failed to respond in a reasonable amount of time for a seller that WANTED to sell a vehicle.

I think you have a nice car, and to be honest I really wanted to buy it. However, I will not buy a vehicle I have not test driven no matter how good the deal. If you had responded like a reasonable person, I would have bought the car and you would have 60k in your hand. When you did not respond I realized you were not ready or willing to sell you car, so I began looking at another. As I emailed you, I bought another car from a seller that was serious.

The car I bought a week later happens to be an RCR, and I am happy with it. I have known Fran for a long time but have never seen his product up close. I think he has done a great job with his company, and as a friend I am proud of what he has accomplished. As for you, it would be best if you leave the personal accusations alone and move on with your life. You dropped the ball and acted like a fool. If you are serious about selling, act like it!
Sincerely, Dr. C.A. Scott<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Fran,
Thanks for posting! I didn't realize John was soo upset he would post this in several places on the forum.......

John,
You are really foolish to think I need to come all the way down to chicago to test drive a gt40! (there are three nearby) My KVA is an unfinished project that may never be. (not that my business is any of yours) I was in the position to buy a finished car this year, so I bought one! :O) It could have been yours. Best of luck to you making a sale with your present attitude. And remember, some tire-kickers do have the green! Sincerely Dr. C.A. Scott

John B

Temp Selling Pass
IF so you now have two cars. Please post a photo of both cars side by side with you in the picture. If in fact that you have two cars I will issue an apology. As for selling my car, Im serious. But you have to understand for all the legal minds that if you crash it or kill somebody, I'm LIABLE. Would you let me drive YOUR car with no insurance, registration..I would bet not. One more thing! this is not a beginner car. This is a high performance car more so than your corvette. There is a learning curve to get used to the speed/Clutch ect. As for the car's integrity, The engine/ trans are brand new. If somebody want's to give a substantial deposit they can drive the car. If they don't crash it and don't like the car you get your money back. I think most intelligent folks will agree.. I would like to see the picture today. As for being foolish, on this post. I have several pm's that agree with me. Plus also what does not make sense you claim to be good friends with fran and never seen his product? PLEASE!

John,
Look in my profile, there is a nice pic of the new car, and my avatar shows it again right next to the corvette I drove to your house....... As for taking a picture of my unfinished KVA, why bother? I really don't have anything to prove to you. You on the other hand have a car to sell. (had you asked for 30k in cash to hold during the test drive I would have had no problem with that) Except you did not suggest/offer that solution then. I would suggest you grow up a little and tax/tag/title the car so you can.

My relationship with Fran is none of your biz, but if you must know he helped me get the suspension sorted out when I first bought it! As for the apology, don't sweat it. On the playground of life you obviously have other things to worry about. Anyway, I hope you find some happiness somewhere in your life and become a little more responsible.

Have a nice day! ;o) Dr. S

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass
My statement stands from the title of this thread. Have fun with the BEERCAN!!
Have a nice day !!

Done

Ron McCall

Supporter
My statement stands from the title of this thread. Have fun with the BEERCAN!!
Have a nice day !!

Done

What an IDIOT! His new car is better (the car ,not the drivetrain) in so many ways than any RF out there.
(I have seen both cars in person)

cscott67: You made a VERY wise choice ! Enjoy your new car and don't sweat this Tool!

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
From Animal House (Belushi's character)....: "Face it, Flounder, you f--ked up..." ...let go of it and look for another buyer. Take a deep breath, learn, move along. And stop obsessing about it.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Why folks attack me when I'm right?
If one thread was wrong about driving a car without insurance/registration then please let me know. The one person that responds saying I'm wrong please let me come over and drive their car with the same circumstances. The person that I injure or Kill will own your house and everything you have. Pantera 1889 calls me an idiot only because he has a RCR. However, lets take a poll... if you had a mono compared to a space frame and got into an accident which can be repaired back to original standards for less cost. Recently there was a SPF that was in a accident..The car looked good but the beercan mono frame was a piece of crap. Folks are offended by the beercan comment but that is what Shelby called the cars at the time. Jim mad the first intelligent response. Folks love a train wreck..and attack I'm done with this issue and just want to sell my car to a honest dedicated GT40 lover. I'm not going to respond anymore to this thread unless for those who are interested in buying a my car.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
From Animal House (Belushi's character)....: "Face it, Flounder, you f--ked up..." ...let go of it and look for another buyer. Take a deep breath, learn, move along. And stop obsessing about it.

"Over, over! It's not over till we say it's over! Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???

I can see this tread going for a while. And I'm not even going to respond to the "beercan" remark.......

"Over, over! It's not over till we say it's over! Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???"

This thread was hilarious before, but, ah, Rick, who bombed Pearl Harbor?

Keith

If this is about not letting someone drive an exotic car without taking full responsibility in the form of special and specific insurance to indemnify the seller (who in any case would in all probablity be named a suit as co-defendant in the event of an 'incident' where personal injury resulted) then I would have to side with the seller in this instance and say "hell no, you're not driving it!"

Of course, I have no knowledge of US law in this respect but it would work that way in the UK.

No
Nada
Nein
Non
Nay

If that answer resulted in a no-sale then so be it. A buyer should use his own knowledge and experience and judge suitability of same after being driven for a test drive by the owner.

To all those that have responded in earnest, thanks.

John,
Stay on point! This thread was not started by you to discuss mono vs. spaceframe. It was a personal attack on a fellow gt40 enthusiast that chose not to buy your car because of the way you have acted. All the other comments are a sideshow. If you really want to save face, apologize for acting foolishly. You do more damage to your ability to sell your car here with every post you make. I think you are probably a decent guy deep down. 20 years ago I would be knocking down your door to help you with your attitude problem. These days I just smile and let live. I do hope you become enlightened. Sincerely, Dr. Scott

John,

I think you are probably a decent guy deep down.
Sincerely, Dr. Scott

John,

I have no doubt this is true, sometimes through no fault on either side personalities clash.

I ran a small business for a few years and attended a number of seminars and one thing they drummed into us was People buy from People.

Too many business owners and sales people try to sell their product or service, neglecting the fact that their customer is a person. In fact, the customer is a person who has feelings, influences and a mind of their own. They want to be connected with, and to trust and believe the person from which they are buying.

I can fully understand why you would not want to allow a drive on public highways by someone uninsured, I have refused a drive to buyers of my cars if they are not insured. I have also arranged day insurance for myself as a prospective purchaser.

However, it appears as though you were offered a viable solution
posted elsewhere on the forum.,

I responded I would be happy to bring a truck and trailer and we could take it to a local track. Again, you failed to respond in a reasonable amount of time for a seller that WANTED to sell a vehicle.

Sincerely, Dr. C.A. Scott<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

If I was a purchaser my assumption, and it may very well have been the wrong assumption, would be that you were determined not to let me drive the car at any cost.

That would set the alarm bells ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back