Obama as the best thing that ever happened to America

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This guy's analysis is spot on. I got into politics after Obama was on the campaign trail.

Domtoni,

You say that his analysis is "spot on".

Do you even think to check the data?

The first data point he makes, he says "Despit the fact that Obama has some of the lowest approval ratings among recent Presidents"

Domtoni, it that true?

Per Wikipedia:

Average approval ratings:

Obams 50%
GW Bush: 49.4%
Carter 45.5%
Ford 47.2%
Nixon 49.5%

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Then this guy goes into the debt, blaming President Obama for Tarp!

Domtoni, was Obama responsible for TARP?

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008.

Does anyone else get tired of these continual posting, blaming Obama for what are actually Republical failings?

Do you really need to see all the data showing how most of the Debt is due to Consevative leaders.

Domtoni, just because something sounds good to you, and supports your distorted view of facts does not make it true.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni,

BushII ended his term with under 25% aproval rating!

I used averages, because that is most representitive of a presidents approval, you know, trying to be fair.

Now that I think of it, being fair does not come easily to you, does it?

Domtoni, do you still think his rant is "spot on"?

But no one has been this low in approvals at this time in their presidency. How can I be fair, I like Fox News, always fair and balanced. And yes, two minor critiques from you doesn't nullify what the article says.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
But no one has been this low in approvals at this time in their presidency. How can I be fair, I like Fox News, always fair and balanced. And yes, two minor critiques from you doesn't nullify what the article says.[/QUOTE

Domtoni,

I'm sorry, but here on Earth, when an article tries to make a point with un-true facts and outright lies, it DOES nullify what the article says!

But no one has been this low in approvals at this time in their presidency. How can I be fair, I like Fox News, always fair and balanced. And yes, two minor critiques from you doesn't nullify what the article says.[/QUOTE

Domtoni,

I'm sorry, but here on Earth, when an article tries to make a point with un-true facts and outright lies, it DOES nullify what the article says!

Another old trick Jim !!! Doesn't cut it any longer. How do I know everything you put up is factual, and not sourced at your favourite Democratic party debunking spot? I am more than happy to debunk everything you write. Then everything we all write (because some minor points may be incorrect but meaningless) is thrown out. Am I correct with this logic?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni,

You say "another old trick", boy you got me there, checking what you post for accuracy.......................................just another liberal trick.

I know, having people check what you post for accuracy must be so frustrating. After all, when Limbough or Beck make these statements no one questions them.

And just a few mistakes does not nulify a great rant? This is a perfict example of current Consevative thinking.

We really want Obama to be responsibe for TARP, so we'll just lie about it!

How dare I ruin their little game with facts!

Last edited:

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008.

Does anyone else get tired of these continual posting, blaming Obama for what are actually Republical failings?

Do you really need to see all the data showing how most of the Debt is due to Consevative leaders.

Domtoni, just because something sounds good to you, and supports your distorted view of facts does not make it true.

I think you could blame the democrat congress and senate (2007 2011) for TARP.

Domtoni,

You say "another old trick", boy you got me there, checking what you post for accuracy.......................................just another liberal trick.

I know, having people check what you post for accuracy must be so frustrating. After all, when Limbough or Beck make these statements no one questions them.

And just a few mistakes does not nulify a great rant? This is a perfict example of current Consevative thinking.

We really want Obama to be responsibe for TARP, so we'll just lie anbout it!

How dare I ruin their little game with facts!

Neither Beck or Limbaugh are part of my info sources.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think you could blame the democrat congress and senate (2007 2011) for TARP.

So now its Congress, but the original post said it was Obama. You must remember that TARP was pushed through and signed by President Bush.

Al, what per cent of the debt do you think comes from unemployment payments, made to folks who did not need them?

Last edited:
So now its Congress, but the original post said it was Obama. You must remember that TARP was pushed through and signed by President Bush.

Al, what per cent of the debt do you think comes from unemployment payments, made to folks who did not need them?

Don't have a clue buffalo boy.

Vote in Senate;
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

House vote, overwhelming Dem support;
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 384 [111th]: TARP Reform and Accountability Act of 2009

Obama defeats effort to block $350 billion in TARP funds, big smile!
TARP Vote: Obama Wins, Senate Effectively Approves $350 Billion

There was a lot of disinformation floating around when TARP was voted on. Lots of threats and promises. In the end it did nothing but plunge us into irredeemable debt.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
TARP was signed by President Bush, October 3, 2008.

At that time, Obama was the Junior Senator from Illinois. Your trying to blame Obama for TARP or the reason TARP was needed shows how delusional you are!

Pat

Supporter
Just for the record, according to the Wall Street Journal (June 10, 2010):
"WASHINGTON: The U.S. Treasury Department said Friday the total amount repaid to taxpayers for government funds used to bail out U.S. companies has surpassed, for the first time, the amount of outstanding debt.
The Treasury, in its May report to Congress on the Troubled Asset Relief Program, reported TARP repayments reached $194 billion, which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt of $190 billion. However, the outstanding debt amount does not include $106.36 billion that has been committed to institutions but has yet to be paid out by the (Obama) Treasury. Factoring in that amount, the outstanding debt would be roughly $296 billion. According to the report, $489.88 billion has been committed to specific institutions, and $383.52 billion of that has been paid out by Treasury. The department said it does not expect to use more than $550 billion of the $700 billion program. “

The money that went out under Bush has been paid back with interest REDUCING the deficit. Given Solindra, and other poor investments by the administration, it is difficult to say if the remaining $106B will go to banks that will pay it back or institutions sponsored by Democratic fund raisers that won’t.
Of course the Obama administration still has the capacity to spend. The problem is the Obama Stimulus, Health Care and record unemployment shrinking the tax rolls have massively increased the debit coupled with a loss of trust n the government by the business community that are fearful to invest. Those are all at the feet of Mr. Obama.

unemployment shrinking the tax rolls have massively increased the debit coupled with a loss of trust n the government by the business community that are fearful to invest. Those are all at the feet of Mr. Obama.

Hi,

In case you guys have not noticed, there is a world economic crisis going on, and the above could be said for many countries in that world, for example the UK.

P.S. We have a Conservative government in power.

Good man Nick. Our freinds over there ought to remember that the rest of the world does exist and for more reasons than just potential places to invade ;)

This Economical Crisis cannot be resolved by a single nation or it's government. Neither was it caused by a single President or party.

I sincerely wish my freinds here would open a proper debate on the problems. Sometimes it feels like they all have absolutley no concept of the whole problem or the global actions necessary to rebuild our economies. Even though some of them are clearly better edumacted than I.

None of this was caused by Liberals or Conservatives alone. It was caused by ALL OF US. Not just Corporations or Fat Cat CEO's. WE have all been guilty of taking the piss for too long.

Back