Obama as the best thing that ever happened to America

Good man Nick. Our freinds over there ought to remember that the rest of the world does exist and for more reasons than just potential places to invade ;)

This Economical Crisis cannot be resolved by a single nation or it's government. Neither was it caused by a single President or party.

I sincerely wish my freinds here would open a proper debate on the problems. Sometimes it feels like they all have absolutley no concept of the whole problem or the global actions necessary to rebuild our economies. Even though some of them are clearly better edumacted than I.

None of this was caused by Liberals or Conservatives alone. It was caused by ALL OF US. Not just Corporations or Fat Cat CEO's. WE have all been guilty of taking the piss for too long.

Mark, if you could get a discussion like that going, you'd be my hero forever.

Hi,

In case you guys have not noticed, there is a world economic crisis going on, and the above could be said for many countries in that world, for example the UK.

P.S. We have a Conservative government in power.

Yes Nick we have a conservative government, but it is to the left of Mr.Obama's government and the direction Mr. Obama is going. Sure we have a global crisis, and US banks lent to EU banks. But Veek's comments come from Obama adding $4.5T to the National debt.

Good man Nick. Our freinds over there ought to remember that the rest of the world does exist and for more reasons than just potential places to invade ;)

This Economical Crisis cannot be resolved by a single nation or it's government. Neither was it caused by a single President or party.

I sincerely wish my freinds here would open a proper debate on the problems. Sometimes it feels like they all have absolutley no concept of the whole problem or the global actions necessary to rebuild our economies. Even though some of them are clearly better edumacted than I.

None of this was caused by Liberals or Conservatives alone. It was caused by ALL OF US. Not just Corporations or Fat Cat CEO's. WE have all been guilty of taking the piss for too long.

You are spot on Mark. But the politicians are in the constant blame mode, especially when an election is coming and they want to keep their job.

You are spot on Mark. But the politicians are in the constant blame mode, especially when an election is coming and they want to keep their job.

That's my point Dom. We all know what politicians are. I get bloody scared when I see and hear voters such as us, playing the same games the politicians play.

We feed their BS. Why should they change if we don't/can't? We do have the power really, no, really, we do. But not if we carry on like this.

For being invaders, did you ever notice that the only land we ever ask for is a place to bury our dead soldiers?

For being invaders, did you ever notice that the only land we ever ask for is a place to bury our dead soldiers?

Al,

Who needs land.

One war one reperations payment, you will have to check out payments for the others for yourself.

Last updated at 1:19 AM on 29th September 2010

Germany will finally clear its First World War debt by repaying nearly £60million this weekend.
The £22billion reparations were set by the Allied victors – mostly Britain, France and America – as compensation and punishment for the 1914-18 war

-One-reparations-92-years

Al,

Who needs land.

One war one reperations payment, you will have to check out payments for the others for yourself.

Last updated at 1:19 AM on 29th September 2010

Germany will finally clear its First World War debt by repaying nearly £60million this weekend.
The £22billion reparations were set by the Allied victors – mostly Britain, France and America – as compensation and punishment for the 1914-18 war

-One-reparations-92-years

We didn't go to war for reparation, and we sure as hell didn't lose all those people for reparation. Had we not gone to war in number one and two, you would probably be speaking German now, get a grip.

We didn't go to war for reparation, and we sure as hell didn't lose all those people for reparation. Had we not gone to war in number one and two, you would probably be speaking German now, get a grip.

Al,

Agreed but that did not appear to be your argument, it appeared to be that the US expected nothing in monetary terms (a bit of land to bury the dead in your post).

Tell me why did we go to war with Iraq and Libya, do you really think it was without one eye on their oil reserves.

I think this best sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbHTnELen4

Al,

Agreed but that did not appear to be your argument, it appeared to be that the US expected nothing in monetary terms (a bit of land to bury the dead in your post).

Tell me why did we go to war with Iraq and Libya, do you really think it was without one eye on their oil reserves.

I think this best sums it up

Have I Got News For You - Intro - YouTube

I had thought that myself, but why then are we leaving Iraq at the end of the year? I really don't think we have an eye on Libya given that we don't have a presence there. That was an expensive get even for Pan Am 103 maybe, who knows the the aims of government. We may be worse off with the new regime in Libya. It's not as simple as it was in WW1 and WW2. It's easy to sacrifice a bunch of pawns.

I really don't think we have an eye on Libya given that we don't have a presence there.

Al,

You might not but "we" do.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Telegraph.co.uk

Libya: British team aims to secure oil deals

Britain is preparing to send trade officials to Libya to ensure UK companies do not miss out to Russian and Chinese competitors over oil contracts and other deals with the new government.

Al,

You might not but "we" do.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Telegraph.co.uk

Libya: British team aims to secure oil deals

Britain is preparing to send trade officials to Libya to ensure UK companies do not miss out to Russian and Chinese competitors over oil contracts and other deals with the new government.

Hope it works out!

I had thought that myself, but why then are we leaving Iraq at the end of the year? I really don't think we have an eye on Libya given that we don't have a presence there. That was an expensive get even for Pan Am 103 maybe, who knows the the aims of government. We may be worse off with the new regime in Libya. It's not as simple as it was in WW1 and WW2. It's easy to sacrifice a bunch of pawns.

Al, we are leaving Iraq because the Iraqi Parliament voted us out in December 2008. Before the uprising, Britain was doing a deal with Libya for oil. I was told by a friend yesterday that Libya will need the oil revenue to rebuild their country.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Domtoni,

Just like the tea party, the "Wall Street" folks all feel exactly the same about everything.

If someone carries a sign, of course that means that everyone agrees with them 100%.

Right Dom?

Yes Domtoni,

Just like the tea party, the "Wall Street" folks all feel exactly the same about everything.

If someone carries a sign, of course that means that everyone agrees with them 100%.

Right Dom?

Sure Jim, but no one threw him out or asked him to take the sign down. Lots of complicity with that protester.

Ooooh, better watch out. The right might all of sudden stop saying nasty things about the Occupy mob. No, they probably won't. They'll see a few signs and then brand the entire group as stupid and indecisive. Isn't politics so easy folks? Pick a side, find something about the other side you don't agree with and call them all stupid. I've been doing it wrong all along....

:laugh:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Sure Jim, but no one threw him out or asked him to take the sign down. Lots of complicity with that protester.

Yes Domtoni, apparenty the left feels stronger about the 1st Amendment than the tea party, who apparently has no problem limiting free speach.............Right Dom?

And the tea party clames the Constitution as a sacrad Document, just more hypocracy!

Last edited:
Ooooh, better watch out. The right might all of sudden stop saying nasty things about the Occupy mob. No, they probably won't. They'll see a few signs and then brand the entire group as stupid and indecisive. Isn't politics so easy folks? Pick a side, find something about the other side you don't agree with and call them all stupid. I've been doing it wrong all along....

:laugh:
Kinda sounds like what happened with that racist comment that was never proven nor has Breitbart paid the $100K ransom.

Yes Domtoni, apparenty the left feels stronger about the 1st Amendment than the tea party, who apparently has no problem limiting free speach.............Right Dom?

And the tea party clames the Constitution as a sacrad Document, just more hypocracy!

Where as the Tea Party limited free speech? Or do the Occupy Wall Street people finally see the "light"?

Back