CAV

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi, I have seen many CAV build threads and the cars look amazing. I was just wondering, given the huge price difference between CAV and other replica manufacturers, what is the difference?

Where is the extra 100,000+ going?

Other than that, body wise/looks wise, is there any actual differences between manufacturers?

The only physical difference I noticed was that CAV's rear tail lights are flat with the bottom body panel while others the tail light sticks out some.

Other than that, I thought the angle of the nose was different on CAV vs others... however that could have been the angle of the photos.

Thanks guys
George

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I remember someone from here telling me about a company that was doing '100%' original (more so than SPF) but they cost like 250,000. Maybe it was not CAV but something(one) else. Either way, cost wise aside, what would the rest be?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Gelscoe would be the £250 000 Mark.
Yes that is GBP from good old UK the home of the Gt40

CAV are good cars built on a stainless steel mono chassis. All reports are the mono chassis is good and the build quality excellent. Price wise last time I heard their price was slightly lower than SPF. I also heard they can comfortably accommodate up to 6 foot 5 inches height.
Ian

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thank you Ian.

I just found the post where it was the Gelscoe Motorsports mentioned.

I am only 5'8 so, I will be comfortable in anything (to a degree) :).

In regards to me thinking the nose is somehow different angled between CAV and others... is that right or that is just finding bad pictures? I am talking about when you look at the GT40 from the side, the slight curve on the CAV as it drops down past the front wheel... seems like it 'curves down' more on others... wasnt sure though if that was just the angles of photos or whether there was some sort of physical difference between them.

Back