I'm moving to QLD

Hey guys. Just a quick heads-up, I'll be an official banana bender as of this Friday morning!

The GT40 is packed in the 40' container, along with everything else I (as well as the missus and kids) own. We'll be based on the southern end of the Gold Coast (Elanora), with my new office and workshop in Yatala (yep, DRB territory... lol) - and it's at my office that the GT will call home.

I'd just like to say thanks to the WA GT40 guys who've been a great help over the last few years with advice, parts and trailer loans (cheers Mark and Peter!). I'm looking forward to meeting some more enthusiasts once there.

Hi Troy, welcome to QLD. Heaps of great car club stuff happens here with both the GT40 guys and the cobra guys all getting amongst it depending on your pension or passion for racing or waxing.

I see you surf so if you want to know a bit about what the goldy has to offer drop me a pm. I've lived on the North End of the Goldy (Main Beach) for 20 years so when you arrive if ya wanna go for a surf let me know and I can also intro you to a few of the car crew around here...

Matt

Cheers Matt, sounds good. Now I finally have a reason to order that 6 channel Mt Woodgee whip (6 channels are no good on the windy west coast)! As for cars, it's racing, not waxing, for sure :)

It's funny, one of the commercial properties I looked at for the business was actually DRB's place on the Old Pacific Hwy. I stopped in and had a chat with Peter and Todd. The D-Type replica Todd has in there would make a fun track car!

Last edited:
Back