I'm sorry.

I find this quite interesting. I wonder what would happen to me if a walked arround the mid west burning bibles? How long would it take before I was swinging from the nearest tree?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't disagree with some of what she says, but consider this: we live in the era of the insincere pro-forma apology. You can't call customer service anywhere in the world without having someone begin apologizing immediately, which is endlessly annoying. Almost the first thing I do is insist on no more time-wasting apologies, and immediately getting down to business. So as Chief Executive, Obama is also the Chief Apologist. My guess is that he has been considerably less conciliatory to the people who decided to burn these books and create all this ruckus. They ought to have known that you can't have a civilized discussion with uncivilized people.

The only thing our military is guilty of in this instance is stupidity- they should have impounded the books and refused to give them back if they thought they contained code of some kind. Burning them predictably set off the kind of reaction it has; after all, they hate us over there.

Here are the different kinds of Afghanis that live in Arsefuckistan, I mean Afghanistan, excuse me:
-those that hate us and want to kill us
-those that hate us and want to kill us, but will work for us as long as we pay them
-those that hate us and want to kill us, but appreciate all we're doing to promote their cause against us
-those that hate us and want to kill us, so they proclaim us as their friends, so that types A will go ahead and kill us

No doubt members of this forum can find other kinds, but most of these if not all will have a description that begins "those that hate us and want to kill us"

Perhaps a better strategy would have been to just get us out of Iraq, cap Osama, and get out of Afghanistan as well. It has looked that way for a while to me, anyway.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't disagree with some of what she says, but consider this: we live in the era of the insincere pro-forma apology. You can't call customer service anywhere in the world without having someone begin apologizing immediately, which is endlessly annoying. Almost the first thing I do is insist on no more time-wasting apologies, and immediately getting down to business. So as Chief Executive, Obama is also the Chief Apologist. My guess is that he has been considerably less conciliatory to the people who decided to burn these books and create all this ruckus. They ought to have known that you can't have a civilized discussion with uncivilized people.

The only thing our military is guilty of in this instance is stupidity- they should have impounded the books and refused to give them back if they thought they contained code of some kind. Burning them predictably set off the kind of reaction it has; after all, they hate us over there.

Here are the different kinds of Afghanis that live in Arsefuckistan, I mean Afghanistan, excuse me:
-those that hate us and want to kill us
-those that hate us and want to kill us, but will work for us as long as we pay them
-those that hate us and want to kill us, but appreciate all we're doing to promote their cause against us
-those that hate us and want to kill us, so they proclaim us as their friends, so that types A will go ahead and kill us

No doubt members of this forum can find other kinds, but most of these if not all will have a description that begins "those that hate us and want to kill us"

Perhaps a better strategy would have been to just get us out of Iraq, cap Osama, and get out of Afghanistan as well. It has looked that way for a while to me, anyway.

Agreed Jim, History should tell us that it is a waste of time money and worst of all young lives. Same as Vietnam we should get out and leave them to it.

The problem with that is they tend to then train people to come over here and blow us up. After all, it was because of 9/11 that we went in in the first place.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Too bloody right. I have Afghani friends who live and work here. Notice I say "here". To a large extent, folks are only as good as the circumstances they exist in, and sometimes not that good. Afghanistan has not been a civilized country in recent memory. There is no good alternative out of this situation, so then you have to pick the least bad alternative- which is for the US and NATO to get the fuck out of there and provide only what they allow into their sovereign POS of a country by NGOs. If someone really wants to go there and save the world, they can do it on their own nickel. They are having multiple funerals daily here at Arlington to bury all the kids that are dying over there. It is ridiculous.

Apparently quite a few Korans WERE impounded- they ought to have done it with all of them. Whatever meathead decided to burn them has really put the fat into the fire along with the books, the shithead.

I would say "don't get me started", but as you can see, it's a bit late for that.

She might have some inaccuracies in her comments , but she sure has the overall picture of what the mess over there is how we seem to be to stupid to end it one way or another!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
With regard to them training people to blow us up, I don't disagree on that, but hell we are getting blown up now over there. If we get out and concentrate on our own security, we have at least a chance of reducing the loss of American and NATO life overall. The longer we stay there, the more Western soldiers etc are going to die. I can't stand it. If that happened to one of my kids I don't think I could deal with it. I don't want to find out.

I think on top of her apologies , we also owe vitrification .

Rather than glass bowl the entire region, I say we start utilizing the vast amounts of oil the USA has. What we don't use, we sell to the rest of the world at a lower price than the cartel, and we let the Muslim world sink back into the stinking dessert from which they came.

" The U.S. is sitting on the world's largest, untapped oil reserves -- reservoirs which energy experts know exist, but which have not yet been tapped and may not be attainable with current technology. In fact, such untapped reserves are estimated at about 2.3 trillion barrels, nearly three times more than the reserves held by Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) nations and sufficient to meet 300 years of demand -- at today's levels -- for auto, truck, aircraft, heating and industrial fuel, without importing a single barrel of oil.
What's the problem then? Why aren't oil companies jumping to pump the black gold? Contrary to what some conspiracy theorists would have you believe, there is no cabal of oil companies and foreign governments blocking the way, bottling up U.S. oil production. The reality is much more mundane. Those untapped reserves are located in places that either Uncle Sam has put off-limits for environmental reasons or are too costly to get -- or a combination of both."

The U.S.' Untapped Oil Bounty

Will the enviros ever stop our utilization of our oil? And we all know that technology will catch up with the difficult stuff.

Read more: The U.S.' Untapped Oil Bounty
Become a Fan of Kiplinger's on Facebook

You continue to have a very difficult time with facts. The US has 2.4% of the world's oil reserves.

World oil reserves | Public Agenda

Back