I'm sorry.

Keith

This thread started in the usual way, critisizing the President for doing what he feels is best for the country, in this case apolgizing for burning of Muslum Holy book. This apology seems to the conservatives here on the fourm a slap in the face to our country, our consevatives and our military.

The fact that it obviously outgaged the Afgan people, did not change you view.

The fact that the President was trying to be "Diplamatic" (who would think) and calm an obviously dangerous situation, made no differance to the consevatives here. They were outraged!

The fact that it led to several deaths both US and Afgan, made no differance, consevative are against any apology!

Now it appears that we have a US Sargent, who after drinking goes out and 16 kills inocent Afgan citizens (including women and childeren).

Now he did not turn them to glass, there was no "vitrification",<!-- google_ad_section_end --> so the consevatives here are probably disapointed, but he killed indescrimintly just like you hoped for.

Once again, the President apoligized, trying to be Diplomantic and calm another very, very dangerous situation.

Now I wonder in this case, why there is no conservative outrage at the appology?

Why are the conservatives not celebrating the event, isn't it just the sort of thing that you wished for?

Please explain what makes this apology any different?

Why do we have no cute posts from outraged consevatives this time?

You've just outed yourself Jim. This was getting to be a serious dicussion which I was actually learning something from.

Where on earth do you dredge this drivel up from? Who on earth could celebrate the murder of children?

Only in your strange mind Jim, only in your mind.

Get help.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith, I dreged this "drivel" from post# 14 this thread.

I think on top of her apologies , we also owe vitrification .

Keith,

Vitrification:

Turn sand to glass, as in a nuclear blast. Unfortunalty not just sand is melted.

vit·ri·fy (v
ibreve.gif
t
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-f
imacr.gif
lprime.gif
)
v. vit·ri·fied, vit·ri·fy·ing, vit·ri·fies
v.tr. To change or make into glass or a glassy substance, especially through heat fusion.

v.intr.

Keith,

We have had this discussion many times, some members of our community think the best answere to the Middle East involves mushroom clouds.

Last edited:

Keith

Keith,

Vitrification:

Turn sand to glass, as in a nuclear blast. Unfortunalty not just sand is melted.

vit·ri·fy (v
ibreve.gif
t
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-f
imacr.gif
lprime.gif
)
v. vit·ri·fied, vit·ri·fy·ing, vit·ri·fies
v.tr. To change or make into glass or a glassy substance, especially through heat fusion.

v.intr.

Believe almost nothing you hear, only half of what you see, and certainly nothing that you read. To renew cognisance of such a heinous act as described above is tantamount to propaganda for the act itself.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

Where you outraged when President Obama, trying to calm an unfortunate situation apoligized for the Koran burning?

Keith

What else could he have done to attempt to defuse the situation?

It had nothing at all to do with political manoevering and much to do with minimising reprisals.

It was the correct course of action...

In a secular society, tolerance of other's faiths & religions is a cornerstone - a concept that I'm sure you're own Tea Party do not embrace, for example.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Keith,

I fully agree, trying to diffuse a bad situation is exactly what he should have done.

I'm not sure why Mr Fechter and some others were outraged by President Obama's apology, but they were.

I personally want my president to work for better relations with other countries, after all, being diplomatic is what I expect from diplomats.

I'm fairly sure that this is just another in a long line of "post anything" that could remotely be seen as a failing by our President.

I'm also fairly sure that if it was President Reagan, Bush or McCain, (yes, they would have apologized too) he would never have posted it.

That puts us back into the relm of hypocracy.

Last edited:
Jim, What happened in Afghanistan was beyond terrible and we as a country needed to appologize. The Koran incident was something that could have been avoided by properly disposing of the books with messages written inside. I am angered when someone burns our flag, disrespects our religious beliefs or beheads one of our citizens but I don't search out innocent muslims to vent that anger on, that is part of being civilized. Panetta is suggesting that the death penalty is a possibility for the killings, and it should be. I wish we felt the same outrage and conviction towards the Ford Hood killer who has silently disappeared from our consciousness.

I'm with Jim on this one...If someone purposely kills an innocent person for absolutely no reason, they should be extinguished....

Back