In your face, comrade!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
If god exists, I suspect he does have a special place for people like Breitbart who seemed to revel in destroying people's lives. My guess is that place would be rather toasty and involve lava pits and such.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Last edited:
Just listen to that speech he gave to CPAC, craik. The old Conservative politely took all the crap that was dished out to them. A prime example is the savaging the left gave President Reagan. He had to die before he was given a modicum of respect.

And, teddie was one special kind of excrement. There was a biography, years ago, of teddie in the boston globe in which they had the nerve to say, "If Mary Jo Kopechne were alive today, she would be proud of how Senator Kennedy fought for her generation's health care."

Yeah, teddie was a real lady killer.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I listened to that speech. Basically a middle aged pissed off white guy rant without any class, crass and designed to divide.

This guy is your "hero?"

That explains a lot actually.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Fechter,

You do understand that there is a Differance between an accident (There is no doubt that Mr Kennedy was drinking and tried to cover it up, both serious crimes), and a carefully calculated series of lies, designed to ruin peoples lives for short term personal gain?

Mr Fechter, have you ever gotten behind the wheel after drinking?

Last edited:
Have you ever driven so drunk that you drive off a bridge into water deep enough to submerge a full sized Oldsmobile, leave another human being in the car, don't attempt to save the other person, escape, don't make any attempt to get help, call the police, nothing, sleep it off and then inform the authorities the next morning?

And then, get away with it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Fechter,

You do understand that there is a Differance between an accident (There is no doubt that Mr Kennedy was drinking and tried to cover it up, both serious crimes), and a carefully calculated series of lies, designed to ruin peoples lives for short term personal gain?

Mr Fechter, have you ever gotten behind the wheel after drinking?

So you were there?

I'll ask again.............do you understand the difference?

Of course it was an accident. Its the actions thereafter that caused the problems.

I'll agree with your statement, "carefully calculated series of lies, designed to ruin peoples lives for short term personal gain?" That's exactly what happened to the Kopechne family. You're right for once craik.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think that Mr Breitbart's eloquent eulogy to Ted Kennedy, shows the kind of person Mr Breitbart really was. I think Mr Breitbarts own words should be used at Mr Breitbart's funeral!!!!

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a “villain,” “a big ass motherf@#$er,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.” “Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement,” wrote Breitbart.

A classy example of the new conservatives!

The new, hate filled conservatives will be the downfall of the Republican Party.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Ted Kennedy was guilty of plenty at Chappaquiddick- driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident, and, worst of all, leaving his passenger there to die. The driver of a car is responsible (in morality and in law) for what happens to his or her passengers. What Kennedy did was disgusting and reprehensible. And although he went on to a successful career in public service, I can't help wonder what his life would have been like had he made the same mistakes and NOT been the son of a prominent and well-connected family. He would not have gotten all the second chances that he got- and he got a lot of second chances.

Now then- none of this should have much, if anything, to do with his other accomplishments. He had a long career in the Senate, he was successful at passing quite a few pieces of important legislation (many of them co-authored with prominent Republican senators, I should add) and he represented his home state ably and effectively. And, most importantly, in a house of Congress that depends on both sides working cooperatively together, he was extremely good at working out compromises between the Democrats and GOP, so that progress could be made.

Did I like him? No. I don't like drunks and I don't associate with them; I see enough of them in the course of my job. But I respected him for his accomplishments in his job. The mess he repeatedly made of his personal life (and it appears that a strong streak of substance and alcohol abuse runs in the Kennedy family, as well as a strong streak of entitlement) does not invalidate his record in Congress. It does, however, make it harder to admire him- perhaps it makes it impossible. But his accomplishments merit respect, which is not the same thing as admiration. And history seems replete with examples of men who had drinking problems who managed nonetheless to accomplish great things, Winston Churchill being another notable example.

Now then: Andrew Breitbart. He was not a great man, regardless of what you may think, Bob. If you think he was a great man, then by the same reasoning you should include the following as great men: Father Coughlin, Joseph McCarthy, Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck. People whose occupation is "professional liar and fomenter of hate speech" are not great men. People like Andrew Breitbart ought to thank God for giving them people like Ted Kennedy to aim at: Kennedy was an easy target, full of faults, and with a checkered personal history that made aiming at him like shooting fish in a barrel. He was not a likeable man, really, but he had his accomplishments, which is quite a lot more than you can say for his detractors.

And, for what it's worth, I'll call attention here to another recovering alcoholic who managed to accomplish a few things in his career in public service, and stay sober: George W. Bush. Most of what he did (including letting Dick Cheney run the country) I don't agree with. But during his administration, the US did a great deal for international public health, and it was done at his order, so he gets the credit. Do I like him? No. I don't like drunks and I don't associate with them. I get enough of that at work. But- and this is where I am a lot different from you, Bob- I am at least decent enough, and generous enough, to credit the genuine accomplishments of people I don't like, if they have them.

And I am also intelligent enough to know the difference between original thought (Churchill, Kennedy, Bush) and hate speech. None of those three men ever resorted to the kind of destructive and incendiary rhetoric that your boy Breitbart promoted as his deceitful stock in trade. One of them is worth more than a thousand Breitbarts, who never had an original idea in his short and wasted life.

If a patriot is someone who loves his country while hating 99% of the people in it, then Andrew Breitbart was a patriot, indeed. And he was the kind we need no more of.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jim, that is one of the most eloquent things I've ever read on the net. I have nothing to add, you summed up my feelings about the entire situation in your post.

Bob, you could learn something from that post. You won't, but you could (and should).

Ted Kennedy was guilty of plenty at Chappaquiddick- driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident, and, worst of all, leaving his passenger there to die. The driver of a car is responsible (in morality and in law) for what happens to his or her passengers. What Kennedy did was disgusting and reprehensible. And although he went on to a successful career in public service, I can't help wonder what his life would have been like had he made the same mistakes and NOT been the son of a prominent and well-connected family. He would not have gotten all the second chances that he got- and he got a lot of second chances.

Now then- none of this should have much, if anything, to do with his other accomplishments. He had a long career in the Senate, he was successful at passing quite a few pieces of important legislation (many of them co-authored with prominent Republican senators, I should add) and he represented his home state ably and effectively. And, most importantly, in a house of Congress that depends on both sides working cooperatively together, he was extremely good at working out compromises between the Democrats and GOP, so that progress could be made.

Did I like him? No. I don't like drunks and I don't associate with them; I see enough of them in the course of my job. But I respected him for his accomplishments in his job. The mess he repeatedly made of his personal life (and it appears that a strong streak of substance and alcohol abuse runs in the Kennedy family, as well as a strong streak of entitlement) does not invalidate his record in Congress. It does, however, make it harder to admire him- perhaps it makes it impossible. But his accomplishments merit respect, which is not the same thing as admiration. And history seems replete with examples of men who had drinking problems who managed nonetheless to accomplish great things, Winston Churchill being another notable example.

Now then: Andrew Breitbart. He was not a great man, regardless of what you may think, Bob. If you think he was a great man, then by the same reasoning you should include the following as great men: Father Coughlin, Joseph McCarthy, Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck. People whose occupation is "professional liar and fomenter of hate speech" are not great men. People like Andrew Breitbart ought to thank God for giving them people like Ted Kennedy to aim at: Kennedy was an easy target, full of faults, and with a checkered personal history that made aiming at him like shooting fish in a barrel. He was not a likeable man, really, but he had his accomplishments, which is quite a lot more than you can say for his detractors.

And, for what it's worth, I'll call attention here to another recovering alcoholic who managed to accomplish a few things in his career in public service, and stay sober: George W. Bush. Most of what he did (including letting Dick Cheney run the country) I don't agree with. But during his administration, the US did a great deal for international public health, and it was done at his order, so he gets the credit. Do I like him? No. I don't like drunks and I don't associate with them. I get enough of that at work. But- and this is where I am a lot different from you, Bob- I am at least decent enough, and generous enough, to credit the genuine accomplishments of people I don't like, if they have them.

And I am also intelligent enough to know the difference between original thought (Churchill, Kennedy, Bush) and hate speech. None of those three men ever resorted to the kind of destructive and incendiary rhetoric that your boy Breitbart promoted as his deceitful stock in trade. One of them is worth more than a thousand Breitbarts, who never had an original idea in his short and wasted life.

If a patriot is someone who loves his country while hating 99% of the people in it, then Andrew Breitbart was a patriot, indeed. And he was the kind we need no more of.[/QUOT

Hi Jim... first off Kennedy should have done some jail time for his shameful cowardly act of leaving a poor girl sitting in a car at the bottom of a lake...what a fucking looser, and for a society to sweep that under the carpet because of the $ connected to his name speaks volumes.
2nd point... you say Bush is a recovering alcoholic, and that during his presidency managed to stay sober....on what grounds do you make this empty statement....does Mr.Bush battle with alcohol today? What insight do you have?..
And lastly Andrew Breitbart was a great patriot that had the balls to beat the libs down..thats why you guys are happy he's dead.:lipsrsealed:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't disagree about Kennedy and what he did. He WAS a coward and should have been indicted and tried. But he wasn't, for all the reasons you pointed out, and he did do something worthwhile with his life. That does not atone for what he did earlier. They have to be looked at as separate issues, as difficult as that may be to do.

Bush had an alcohol and cocaine habit back in the day. He got religion, stopped drinking and helling around, and cleaned his act up. He wrote about it himself in his books. I think at this point he has been sober so long that his danger of relapse is slim if not none.

I'm not glad Breitbart is dead. From all accounts he had one quality of merit- he was a good father and husband. But I am glad we don't have to listen to him anymore. I'm not glad about the reason why. I'm sorry he died young. A lot of these people mellow as they get older and have a chance to revisit things they said as youthful firebrands. He won't, which I think is a shame. I certainly benefited from it; I'm sorry he won't get to.

McCarthy, Limbaugh, Beck, and Breitbart, all men who have brought to light things the establishment media wouldn't touch.

Rather than address the accusations, destroy the man. It worked on McCarthy, but there are too many other resources than the newspapers/network news to get the whole picture now. Limbaugh, Beck, and Breitbart are thriving because they have a service millions of people value.

The newspapers/network news are dying, no change in tactics is going to save them. People have become too aware of the facts.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Its very simple,

Mr Limbaugh, Mr Beck, Mr Breitbart, Mr McCarthy, Mr Fechter, all liars. Only very gullible people would believe anything they say.

Last edited:
+1 Jim. The Becks and the Limbaughs of the world prey on the prejudices of the self-centered and feeble minded. They're arrogant loud mouths with little/no wisdom into the ways of the world or the human mind. Beck is an admitted bi-polar ex-drug addict, and Limbaugh is cut from the same piece of cloth. And we listen to these guys like they're somehow in a position to comment upon the failings of others?

Just my $.02.

Back