A shameful example of why the world is buggered

I am trying very hard to learn to eat with chop-sticks and to speak Mandarin.

Never-mind the fact that the knife and fork are a work of pure genious!

Should our collective futures look like this...........

Attachments

• dining-etiquette 1.jpg
    dining-etiquette 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 193
Personally, I am off to enter talks with the Russians. See if I can grab a ride out of here on the next Rocket!

Attachments

• thats a pic of me buggering off.jpg
    thats a pic of me buggering off.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 159
Sign me up. Although, my only expertise is in being able to hold said knife and fork correctly. Still, someone has to be on hand to ensure that the explorers don't forget what makes a man, a man and not merely something else ;)

Keith

Sign me up. Although, my only expertise is in being able to hold said knife and fork correctly. Still, someone has to be on hand to ensure that the explorers don't forget what makes a man, a man and not merely something else

Ooohhhh dearie me....

rum_cap4.jpg

I can understand the East Indians buying a chunk of AM....looking to move upmarket for branding purposes. They have the cash to spend, just not the supercar legacy brand. But the Italians? Why? Why not just pick up a defunct Italian brand of some past supercar significance and go with that? Save the $250MM and use that to start a factory for limited production.....

Just my $.02.

I can understand the East Indians buying a chunk of AM....looking to move upmarket for branding purposes. They have the cash to spend, just not the supercar legacy brand. But the Italians? Why? Why not just pick up a defunct Italian brand of some past supercar significance and go with that? Save the $250MM and use that to start a factory for limited production.....

Just my $.02.

I hate to disagree again, BUT the UK/EU subsidises India to the tune of Billions in AID for pities sake. They can buy into a Luxury car Maker and send rockets into space and develope Nuclear Arms??? Holy shit guys. What the hell went wrong in the West? Too much inter-bickering I suspect.

Keith

I think that the "conscience" payments have now ceased very recently. It was "only" £250,000,000 annually anyway and the Indians said "we don't want it, we never really have wanted it, but as long as you were giving" etc etc

Multiply that by a couple of hundred countries and then factor in the graft and corruption where the aid doesn't even see the outside of the President's Swiss Bank Account, or Ismelda's shoe closet, and I believe you'll find enough cash to pay off the UK debt and have change for a couple of cinema tickets and a fish & chip supper.

Keith

I used to run a couple of successful businesses in the '70's '80's and '90's before I quit the world of manufacturing and service and became a 'consultant.

In my day, goods I manufactured (high end pro audio systems), imported, or serviced all had a value in terms of the skills involved in design and manufacturer and ultimately the quality offered to and enjoyed by the end user.

I just bought a middle of the range Sharp Microwave Oven, as I am getting near the point I cannot cook by conventional (heat) means any longer. I usually buy 'B' stock or manufacturer refurbished items not just because they represent a considerable saving, but they are generally absolutely serviceable, and why not.

When I unpacked it, the glass door was found to be broken. I contacted the seller who was quite upset that I had suffered unduly and promised to ship another one immediately. I told him that as I had not removed the original one from it's packaging, the swap over would be simple.

He said "no, I can't do that - just dispose of it as you see fit"

This is a brand new unit with a broken glass door and I'm to chuck it away?

Call me naive but isn't this crazy economics?

I now have three microwaves. The one I'm replacing (which still works fine but less powerful) the new one with the broken glass door, and the new new one which just arrived. I'm sure that the little old man with the rice bowl is ever so grateful for my massive microwave consumption but I'm heading for the landfill site with two of them...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Keith,

I believe that problem has been around for a long time now.
Back in '67 i contacted FAV at Slough.
First one had a flat front driver's side tyre, second one a leaking radiator.
I was sent replacements, but i've never figured out what to do with
the first two....

Back