Libya - some of the people that British troops helped to free from Gadaffi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

It is quite clear that these guys have received zero sensitivity training. According to a British Teachers Association recently, British schoolchildren are suffering from low self esteem, and Sensitivity Classes have been strongly recommended as part of the National Curriculum.

Don't worry, just to balance things out, I believe the marshmallow UK neo liberal politicians will soon be producing our own home grown version, if they haven't already.

We need to grow some BALLS!

Edit. This is also the result of preaching Tolerance and Democracy to retards.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I know! Some people!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYNzHBGyxww]Hooligans - World Cup 2006 - Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

Jeff, You are hopeless, how does that video compare with people desecrating a cemetery? Looks more like the Occupy Wall Street jerks in Oakland.

Keith

What a totally & typical irrelevant shit response to the desecration of 70 year old war graves of all faith denominations. All nations have football hooligans - even yours. Difference is, they'll all have sore heads and apologies in the morning.

It is beyond logical to respond in that way and you sir, for an educated man, are a complete wanker, and that is the very first time I have used that term to a member of this board. I have an uncle in that cemetery who was killed freeing Egypt from Nazism at Gazala in 1942. Fortunately, it appears that his marker was not damaged. As all of my relatives of that era are now dead, I do not have any details beyond his location. I have visited many foreign cemeteries that are tended by the British War Graves Commission. If you want to have any sense of the sacrifice millions of young people made in good faith to keep you in doughnuts then it's a good start.

Begin with a tour of the Somme. Come back to me with your fucking football hooligan shite when you've been. Better still, don't come back at all.

I am beyond outraged at your response. If you are a member of a professional association, they should be informed of your frequent support for foreign extremism against the culture of USA and it's allies, and it's all documented on this board.

That's it for me on here. I'm done - I cannot live with this "Hanoi Joe".

Wow Jeff, I don't get your comparison...really going to have to explain this one.

I don't get the whole hooligan thing and don't accept any excuse for being such retards, being drunk is no excuse either - pretty much think that whole crowd serious losers.

BUT to somehow compare that to the desecration of graves...I think not.

As for the original footage, I wish stuff like this would make the National news, in every free country that thinks they are aiding friendly allies. Foreign aid would come to a screeching halt. Why do we pander to these people? ......a******s like Karzai who appease the Taliban while trying to keep Western dollars flowing into his coffers. Notice that some of them try to hide their faces when the camera turns toward them. They know damn well what they're doing.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The original post illustrates a band of men(?) that were desecrating a cemetary. They were fueled by hate and as a band of like thinkers, many of them were energized with a mob mentaility. As I watched the first film, I saw that there were some that just stood back and watched for quite a while, then many of them caught the crowd fever and started kicking at the tomb stones.

Smilar to the video that Jeff posted in that the mob mentality / fever is very contagious and ordinary people are transformed by this fever to do things they ordinarily would not have a part of. Alcohol has never done anyone any bit of good when it comes to doing things sensibly and this second film illustrated that quite well. I believe that this may have been the point Jeff was trying to get across - but also think he may have done it a different way.
That said - all you have to do is to go out to Youtube and type in "soccer crowd" and you will find a hundred more films just like it in various places around the world.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The original post illustrates a band of men(?) that were desecrating a cemetary. They were fueled by hate and as a band of like thinkers, many of them were energized with a mob mentaility. As I watched the first film, I saw that there were some that just stood back and watched for quite a while, then many of them caught the crowd fever and started kicking at the tomb stones.

Smilar to the video that Jeff posted in that the mob mentality / fever is very contagious and ordinary people are transformed by this fever to do things they ordinarily would not have a part of. Alcohol has never done anyone any bit of good when it comes to doing things sensibly and this second film illustrated that quite well. I believe that this may have been the point Jeff was trying to get across - but also think he may have done it a different way.
That said - all you have to do is to go out to Youtube and type in "soccer crowd" and you will find a hundred more films just like it in various places around the world.

That is exactly my point. No culture is immune from stupid group violence, despite the fact that some folks here tend to think that only darkies, immigrants, people who say "innit," Muslims, etc. are the only folks in the world who behave poorly.

I think this was the perfect way to do it because by pointing out silly, inane, mind numbingly stupid British violence (and I fully agree Americans, Canadians, any culture really can do it) it cut to the quick for the group of folks who appear to engage in routine echo chamber discussions about the various groups of people they assign blame for all the problems in the world.

And frankly, no, I don't see kicking gravestones over as any worse or any better than drunken random beatings of opposing sports fans.

It is wasted. Utterly wasted. Crowd violence over a fucking game, is comparable to the desecration of war graves!? Epic fail Jeff!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
My guess is that if it were drunken Brits kicking over Libyan graves, and Libyan soccer fans beating up Brits you'd have exactly the 100% opposite reaction.

Pat

Supporter
Jeff, when you find yourself in a hole it's often best to quit digging.

The tactic of arguing moral equivalence is to focus attention away from the obvious evil is unfortunately a trend these days and sadly regrettable.
Desecration of graves, especially those of war dead whose lives were cut down in their prime in defense of others is never excusable and somehow it’s rationalization with other violence is reprehensible.
Keith, please accept apologies from this side of the pond.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff, when you find yourself in a hole it's often best to quit digging.

The tactic of arguing moral equivalence is to focus attention away from the obvious evil is unfortunately a trend these days and sadly regrettable.
Desecration of graves, especially those of war dead whose lives were cut down in their prime in defense of others is never excusable and somehow it’s rationalization with other violence is reprehensible.
Keith, please accept apologies from this side of the pond.

It's not a "tactic." It's a PROBLEM with the paddock. If five or six guys want to go down to the local pub and bitch about foreigners, darkies, immigrants, Muslims, whatever, ok, more power to them. It's not right, its often times racist and it reflects poorly on them. But at lest its mostly in private.

But the problem here in the Paddock is we have three or four gentlemen who think it a-ok to take those discussions and put them in a place were GT40 and car enthusiasts the world over can read them.

If I were someone from outside Europe, America or Oceania and I had a GT40, and I came to this site to learn more about the cars and for comraderie with fellow car guys, I'd be SHOCKED by some of the things that are said and tolerated in the Paddock about other nationalities and races.

Sad really. We are here for cars. Not to slag Muslims or Romanians or "darkies" or people who say "innit" or whatever. Just sad.

My guess is that if it were drunken Brits kicking over Libyan graves, and Libyan soccer fans beating up Brits you'd have exactly the 100% opposite reaction.

Don't guess Jeff. An edumactaed man ought really to know better than that. Condemn me in advance eh?

Jeff, state your views in an average bar in the US, especially one frequented by Marines, and see if you get out alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back