Nurburgring closed for graffiti removal.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently a large Graffiti penis was painted on the road that makes up the Nordschleiffe - it was a penis 20 m long and
4 m wide.
The police estimate that the graffiti involved about 20 litres of white paint, posing a low grip safety hazard for those lapping the Nurburgring. They are calling it paint but I think we all know what it really was.

Apparently The Iron Sheik fell off his bike, accident response thought he was dead, they started the outline but he got up before they finished.

;p

Keith

Oh my! :stunned:

k-bigpic_zps8f253a03.jpg

Live camera shows the silver van back at the gate entrance.

The surface is covered with graffiti of different varieties. Isn't this the part of the world where the Vandals originated ?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pretty disgusting in my opinion. If they choose to sandblast it off, that will obviously erode the surface as well.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I did some house painting when I was in school, 20 litres of paint? Thats five+ gallons, I don't think so!

I think that has been there for some time. I remember seeing an ad for a car which showed the car on the nordschleife; sure enough, the marketers didn't notice what was on the pavement since it wasn't the focus of the image...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
It can easily be made into a standard cartoon 'dog bone' by painting both...uh...'ends' identically...OR just use a bit more paint and turn the whole thing into a rectangle/triangle. 'Might be the cheapest/easiest solution...and there'd be no damage to the surface of the roadway.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Have Top Gear been filming there recently? They often seem to leave their mark in similar fashion.

Totally understand why they need to remive it from a driving perspective. Rain on the painted lines removes a lot of grip so no rubber will deal with a dick that size!

Was Renault racing there? Maybe their driver was told to do the same thing Piquet jr was told to at Singapore but understood the instruction slightly differently - "driver, I want you to deliberately make an enormous cock up on corner x"...

Back