Full description of SLC for Sale

Michael Fling

Supporter
I’m selling my SLC so I can go to a track build. The complete build is on the RCR Clubhouse Website. I have 100s of photographs and several YouTube videos (Links below). Since the videos were made, I have modified the yellow strip under the dash to make room for driver's legs. Very comfortable now. It always bugged me that the SLC didn't have a name. Because the front fenders, roof air inlet/scoop, rear end is so highly modified, I wanted to give it a name... "Panther". It isn't perfect... but it is really, really nice. I wanted a high level finish. I also wanted to make things accessible for service. If you want to be noticed, drive it around the block. I have entered 3 car shows. 3 wins! Located in Oklahoma City, (Edmond to be exact), $168,000 is fairly priced. I'm sure I forgot a few things. Feel free to reach out with questions. [email protected].

Custom front bonnet

Custom front fenders

Custom LED headlights

Front race spoiler

Custom exhaust vents on front bonnet

Front bonnet canards

Brembo brakes powder coated

Front and rear toe hooks

Removable DOT approved acrylic windshield

Front hydraulic lift

SS braided lines with AN fittings

Upgraded radiator fans for improved cooling.

275/35 ZR 18 front Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

325/30 ZR 19 rear Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

Custom front hinged bonnet

Electric adjustable foot pedal assembly

Dash easily removable for access to electronics for service

Yellow strip below dash easily removable for dash remove

DOT approved acrylic windscreen easily removed for access to dash for service

Custom accessible headlight compartment

Bonnet underside finished with color matched bedliner

Air ducts for brake cooling

Penske dual adjustable racing shocks

Windshield wiper

Trickle charger outlet for power when storing

Custom modified functional roof air inlet scoop

Electric gull wing doors

Rearview mirrors with convex assembly

Side exhaust

Side skirts

NACA ducts on rear bonnet for improved cooling in engine compartment

Rear air inlet to cold air box

Custom rear bonnet vents

Carbon fiber arrow wing

Custom hinged rear bonnet

Duel rear bonnet exhaust fans for better engine compartment cooling

Custom LED tail lights and brake lights

Dual Taddy Brother's rear cameras and screens

Custom rear diffuser

Custom rear fenders with pressure exhaust gills

Accusump

Electric park brake

Access door for accessibility to Accusump and electric park brake service

Exterior power button

Sealed tail light removable compartment

Flow Master‘s 12 inch mufflers

Graziano, 6 speed transaxle

Gated shifter

LS376/480 Engine

Charcoal canister

Custom exhaust hangers

Custom SLC engine cover

Engine compartment chassis covered in Refect-a-Gold for reduced heat absorption in cabin

Rear bonnet reflective heat shield on underside

Rear bonnet underside finished in paint matching bedliner

Custom inner fender liners, front and rear

Removable driver and passenger seats

Custom race seat cushions made for seating when street seats are removed (Makes room for helmet)

Custom aluminum door sills

Custom leather interior in black, gray, with yellow accents and stitching

Beautiful yellow diamond pattern leather

Insulated and sound proofed interior cabin

Vintage air conditioning

Adjustable steering wheel

Front bonnet and rear engine compartment LED lighting

Interior overhead and foot well lighting

Puddle lights on doors upon opening

Drink holders (2)

Autometer LCD Competition Dash and Data Logger (https://www.autometer.com/lcd.html)

Custom air vents

Driver and Passenger LED map lights

Customize LED lighted billet buttons for operation of:
Accusump, ignition, up and down for front hydraulic lift, electric brake, front/rear adjustment of foot pedal assembly, open/close doors, emergency hazard lights, interior lighting, map lights, engine compartment lighting, front bonnet compartment lighting, master power.

Vintage air conditioning

Tilton brake bias

Easily removable Dash for complete access to all electronics for service

Overhead Console, which includes functions:
Power to car, Driver and passenger door open close, Emergency flashers, Map lights, Overhead and footwell lighting

Lights are automatically on upon door opening and turn off with door closure. They can also be turned on with door closed

Aircraft style air vents in roof overhead

Braum five point seatbelts

Emergency cable handles for hinge removal of electric doors for emergency exit/egress

2 USB ports on interior

USB port for Autometer LCD Competition Dash

Leather Finished interior tub, sectioned for easy and complete removal

Removable steering wheel

All interior LED switches are lighted.

Stripes and lettering on rear wing and car are vinyl wrap for easy removal
31EA16F5-BD57-41BA-95D4-6B4DED58220E.jpeg

Wow!!! . Somebody got a killer deal for this car, at $107,500 it is an absolute steal. That does not even cover parts costs. Congrats to Chelmreich. Hope he posts here.

Wow, that's a pretty horrible price - a new Honda Civic is almost as much as that these days.

I guess it goes with the territory for component vehicles - it requires the right buyer, so either you sit and wait for a very long time or you get raped.

A very nicely built car, and as you stated, you're going for a full race build; so you can choose to do things differently. Sad you didn't get the price you were asking. I read 'title in the name of the seller's Oaklahoma family trust' and then I did a double take and checked back here.

I can't wait to see how you build the next one.

Glad to hear you love the car. Please let us know about your experience so far. BTW Tombstone and Doc Holiday are one of my all time favorite movies and characters EVER!! I never get tired of watching so many of the scenes. I assume that's who you are quoting.

The SLC is an amazing build. I'd call it street plus. Mike really did a nice job here. Can't wait until I finally have the plates (a different story - which hopefully is resolved shortly... I have a feeling Indiana didn't like the Oklahoma short VIN). I'm hoping to take her to Cars & Coffee in April without using my new Futura Trailer... but now that I have the trailer at least I have a backup plan. Also planning to do a little lapping at Putnam Park, Autobahn CC, and other tracks in the midwest with my 18 year old before he is off to college (and when he comes home since, like his mom, dad, and sister, he'll be a Butler Bulldog (close to home) this fall).

We aren't race car drivers (but we have the gear) but will really enjoy learning this car in a track environment.

I'll figure out where the appropriate spot is here and I'll start a thread on the experience of spending a summer at car meets and tracks with the SCL. Also, my Lotus Emira got here today and I love her - and she is still not coming to the first Cars & Coffee over the SLC. It's not even close... My Ineos just landed in Baltimore also - but it isn't coming to C&C either (unless it pulls the SLC).

Oh, and the first time I drove the SLC, from my house to my storage unit... it took me 5 minutes or less to get pulled over. The officer yells "You're not in trouble, I don't care that you don't have a plate, my wife LOVES it and we have to know what it is." She was in the passenger seat and gave me a look I've never seen from a woman in any of my other cars - she apparently really did like the car. I chatted for a bit and he radioed the rest of the department "Don't mess with the guy in the race car, he's cool." The rest of the small town force popped up as we passed through town. This is the kind of attention you get EVERY time you drive an SLC.

PS. One of the best characters in cinema. Thanks for getting my reference.

Attachments

• tombstone-im-your-huckleberry.gif
    tombstone-im-your-huckleberry.gif
    970.6 KB · Views: 24

Neil

Supporter
The SLC is an amazing build. I'd call it street plus. Mike really did a nice job here. Can't wait until I finally have the plates (a different story - which hopefully is resolved shortly... I have a feeling Indiana didn't like the Oklahoma short VIN). I'm hoping to take her to Cars & Coffee in April without using my new Futura Trailer... but now that I have the trailer at least I have a backup plan. Also planning to do a little lapping at Putnam Park, Autobahn CC, and other tracks in the midwest with my 18 year old before he is off to college (and when he comes home since, like his mom, dad, and sister, he'll be a Butler Bulldog (close to home) this fall).

We aren't race car drivers (but we have the gear) but will really enjoy learning this car in a track environment.

I'll figure out where the appropriate spot is here and I'll start a thread on the experience of spending a summer at car meets and tracks with the SCL. Also, my Lotus Emira got here today and I love her - and she is still not coming to the first Cars & Coffee over the SLC. It's not even close... My Ineos just landed in Baltimore also - but it isn't coming to C&C either (unless it pulls the SLC).

Oh, and the first time I drove the SLC, from my house to my storage unit... it took me 5 minutes or less to get pulled over. The officer yells "You're not in trouble, I don't care that you don't have a plate, my wife LOVES it and we have to know what it is." She was in the passenger seat and gave me a look I've never seen from a woman in any of my other cars - she apparently really did like the car. I chatted for a bit and he radioed the rest of the department "Don't mess with the guy in the race car, he's cool." The rest of the small town force popped up as we passed through town. This is the kind of attention you get EVERY time you drive an SLC.

Good story! Your attachment "I'm your huckleberry!" reminded me of a reprint I had of the Tombstone Epitaph newspaper issue of October 1881. After the OK Corral gunfight, Ike Clanton charged Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday with murder and a hearing was held before Magistrate Wells Spicer to determine if they would go to trial. Here is part of the Judge's verdict. Where are clear-thinking judges like this today? ...and the decision did not take four months!
Tombstone Epitaph exerpt.jpg
Tombstone Epitaph.jpg

Great story!! I live in Texas but have a long connection to Indiana, went to Purdue undergrad and spent 4 years in Indy at the School of Medicine, downtown. Butler is a great school , and very expensive LOL .

Glad you are enjoying the car experience with your son, my son helped me a lot with my build and unfortunately could not finish before he went off to college. He is a Freshman EE/CS major at MIT. Smart kid!! Much smarter than dad for sure , and he is a car guy. Life is good, the joined the motorsports club at MIT and they just finished building their race car, unfortunately it is electric :-(.

I had a Lotus Elise, best handling car I ever had, hopefully until I start driving the SLC .

Please keep posting and sharing your SLC experiences.

Good story! Your attachment "I'm your huckleberry!" reminded me of a reprint I had of the Tombstone Epitaph newspaper issue of October 1881. After the OK Corral gunfight, Ike Clanton charged Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday with murder and a hearing was held before Magistrate Wells Spicer to determine if they would go to trial. Here is part of the Judge's verdict. Where are clear-thinking judges like this today? ...and the decision did not take four monthView attachment 137493
Great story Neil, I also loved learning all about tuberculosis and the unfortunate "lungers" of that time.

Neil

Supporter
Great story Neil, I also loved learning all about tuberculosis and the unfortunate "lungers" of that time.
Those folks who lived back in those days had tough lives. At the time, doctors thought the hot, dry climate of Southern Arizona was helpful to TB victims. That is why Doc Holliday came to Tombstone.

Those folks who lived back in those days had tough lives. At the time, doctors thought the hot, dry climate of Southern Arizona was helpful to TB victims. That is why Doc Holliday came to Tombstone.
yeap, that was the general consensus back then

Great story!! I live in Texas but have a long connection to Indiana, went to Purdue undergrad and spent 4 years in Indy at the School of Medicine, downtown. Butler is a great school , and very expensive LOL .

Glad you are enjoying the car experience with your son, my son helped me a lot with my build and unfortunately could not finish before he went off to college. He is a Freshman EE/CS major at MIT. Smart kid!! Much smarter than dad for sure , and he is a car guy. Life is good, the joined the motorsports club at MIT and they just finished building their race car, unfortunately it is electric :-(.

I had a Lotus Elise, best handling car I ever had, hopefully until I start driving the SLC .

Please keep posting and sharing your SLC experiences.
Small world!!! My grandpa went to MIT - your son will do great things after getting that education for sure!!!

As raw and real as the Lotus cars are the SLC is something else. I’m not sure it will ever be the best handling in my collection - but I’ve also never gotten heat into the brakes and tires. Joining the membership at Putnam Park this week for a minimum of 5 years. The learning of the car begins soon!!!!

Back