ISIS Threat level

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
MI5 have increased the threat level from Substantial to Severe and int has indicated that an attack will likely happen on a Friday and possibly quite soon. Armed Police patrolling the streets in London have increased 3 fold in one year.

The Daily Mail headlines have stated:
Up to 600 British extremists have travelled to the Middle East to join ISIS
Around 300 UK-linked terrorists are thought to have returned to Britain.
Int has indicated the figures are much bigger.

Any thoughts on what you will do /would do? Here in the UK we are forbidden to carry arms.

Note: I have not made any religious comments save the following - these imminent attacks are not a result of any threats by the Salvation Army, the Protestants, the Catholics or any other so called 'normal ' religious group.

Please - no PC bull shit.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The first step would be to throw the three hundred returned terrorists in jail. Our Government is moving towards doing just that for any Australians involved with ISIS.

Howard Jones

Supporter
ISIS should be declared an enemy of the USA and war declared. Thereafter anybody aiding them is a enemy combatant. Then anyone who goes over there to fight for them should have there citizenship revoked and banned from returning to the US.

Should they attempt to return they should be arrested and set directly to Gitmo until the war is over. If they don't they are fair game for the UAV's.

I think NATO treaty provisions should be triggered and ALL members should adopt a uniform policy to address this issue. The US should be talking seriously to our allies about what we would like them to do and what we can help them with on his matter also.

AND the President should be making a "if you are not with us then you are against us" speech.

This what I think we should do. I am equally sure it is what we won't do until its too late.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Howie,

I seem to remember a year or two ago the President did just that, they used a drone strike to kill several Americans who were aiding the enemy.

I also remember a shit storm of complaints from the right. Fox news was up in arms about due process.....Here on the fourm the President Obama was condemned.

I'm glad to see you have joined the President on this.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well, you can't please all of the people all of the time, so you might as well kill off a few that everyone here doesn't like.

I think anyone who leaves the USA and goes to fight for Islamic enemies of the West ought to stay there, and get arrested, tried, convicted and shot if they come back here.

After all, they would cheerfully do it to us, right?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I am quietly confident that here in the UK, the intelligence community knows the majority of those that have travelled to fight. The published view is that we have no controls and checks over who leaves this country and who returns. I know this to be a fallacy... hey, but when has misinformation got in the way..
So it is quite straightforward to interdict them when they return on their way to possibly creating merry hell.
My guess at the likely scenario is that the agencies tasked with defending us will continue to do what they knew was needed, with or without direct instruction from the Home Office. And when the Home Office finally directs them to carry out what they have been doing all this time, this will be the conversation..
" Well Minister, coincidentally we came to the same view a little over 18 months ago ", thank god we have some full time professionals as opposed to...

I too believe the figures are much higher, they are all hidden within family units that either support them or turn a blind eye to their activities. For our security forces it must be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Meanwhile the doors are still wide open and we have no way of knowing who is who amongst them. .Then lets add the EU figures to those below.
(Statistics) Uncontrolled Muslim asylum seekers cost UK tax payers £550,000 EACH – with a bill due of £280 billion for past decade | The Muslim Issue

Bob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Andy,
You are making the same mistake as a lot of the public at large.
Think about a bunch of four guys with back packs not so long ago who brought carnage to our streets. Then think about how clever our police are shooting dead a young Brasilian man who had nothing to do with terrorism. Our security forces are lead by the type of people typified by Cressida Dick and IMHO she has the power of leadership of a ten year old.
It will happen again and again in other capital cities around the non muslim world as well and ISIS is intent on hanging you and people who believe that everything will be ok out on the scaffold that is public opinion.
I will not write an email on the day saying I told you so. But i require you to do it and i require you to say he told me so.
Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Howard,
One small flaw in your otherwise excellent idea(s).
It is an offence for any government to cause somebody/anybody to be without a nation and deprive them of a state ie., make them stateless. As you say, it would be very much easier to kill such people in theater using UAV(s) [drones] and much less complicated. Less burden on the state?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Perhaps an uninformed observation: I don't envy the British situation at all in that as tolerant as your country has tried to be to this influx, you're paying the price. As bad as some think it is getting in the US, I would say it is nothing compared to what is being experience over there. I hope we take notice and learn from your experience.

Perhaps we've finally gotten to the point of mitigating our tolerance of other culture's influence on our own. Allowing cultures to grow (fester is perhaps a better term for this?) in a non-native environment is no different than the issues observed when non-native species of plants and animals are introduced into a new environment. The balance is disturbed, and the indigenous species is usually to suffer.

I'm very conservative (Al, don't fall out of your seat on this :) ) in the issue of "When in Rome...". If you come here to live, learn the language, speak the language, learn the culture, live the culture. Otherwise, go back to where you can practice both in a natural environment.

Last edited:
Perhaps an uninformed observation: I don't envy the British situation at all in that as tolerant as your country has tried to be to this influx, you're paying the price. As bad as some think it is getting in the US, I would say it is nothing compared to what is being experience over there. I hope we take notice and learn from your experience.

Perhaps we've finally gotten to the point of mitigating our tolerance of other culture's influence on our own. Allowing cultures to grow (fester is perhaps a better term for this?) in a non-native environment is no different than the issues observed when non-native species of plants and animals are introduced into a new environment. The balance is disturbed, and the indigenous species is usually to suffer.

I'm very conservative (Al, don't fall out of your seat on this :) ) in the issue of "When in Rome...". If you come here to live, learn the language, speak the language, learn the culture, live the culture. Otherwise, go back to where you can practice both in a natural environment.

I just got light headed :) I do agree fully with what you said. Countries crumble when immigrants don't assimilate the language and customs of their new country.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From our Daily Mail online:

ISIS in Mexico? Feds DENY watchdog group's claim that the terror group is operating in Juarez and plans 'imminent' car-bomb attacks on US targets
Three online reports warned Friday of ISIS involvement south of the border, including one from Judicial Watch that cited 'imminent' car-bomb attacks
The Department of Homeland Security and the White House quickly denied that they have any information about ISIS gathering an attack force in Mexico
DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said America is 'unaware of any specific, credible threat to the US homeland' from the terror network
Other reports cited social media warnings from ISIS militants and an online video showing a conservative filmmaker in a bin Laden mask sneaking into the US from Mexico
By DAVID MARTOSKO, US POLITICAL EDITOR FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 23:23, 29 August 2014 | UPDATED: 01:10, 30 August 2014

shares
View comments
The Department of Homeland Security quickly denied claims on Friday from a watchdog group that the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) has militants stationed in Juarez, Mexico who plan an 'imminent' attack against the United States.
A DHS spokesman was bewildered, telling MailOnline that 'we are aware of absolutely nothing credible to substantiate this claim' made by Judicial Watch, a center-right group.
'In Mexico?' the official said on the phone. 'I haven't seen that at all.'
An hour before Judicial Watch's report surfaced, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said publicly that his agency and the FBI 'are unaware of any specific, credible threat to the U.S. homeland' from the terror network.
And during a late-morning media briefing, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said flatly that 'the most detailed intelligence assessment that I can offer from here is that there is no evidence or indication right now that [ISIS] is actively plotting to attack the United States homeland. That’s true right now.'
Scroll down for video

+7
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, shown this week in an unrelated TV interview, said his organization had credible information suggesting that the terror group ISIS is planning car-bomb attacks in the US
'Unaware of any specific, credible threat': Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said Friday that the US doesn't have any intelligence supporting an ISIS-threat theory, but Fitton insisted 'you could drive a truck bomb through' loopholes in his denial
+7
'Unaware of any specific, credible threat': Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said Friday that the US doesn't have any intelligence supporting an ISIS-threat theory, but Fitton insisted 'you could drive a truck bomb through' loopholes in his denial
But Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said in an interview that his sources were 'golden' and called the government's insistence 'so dishonest.'
'It's a non-denial denial,' he told MailOnline.
Citing Johnson's use of words like 'credible' and 'specific,' Fitton said, 'You could drive a truck bomb through that loophole. DHS has not denied our story.'
Judicial Watch reported Friday, based on sources that it would not identify to MailOnline out of concern for their safety, that ISIS terrorists are 'planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born [sic] improvised explosive devices.'
The group said a 'warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack' had been issued to 'agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies,'instructing them 'to aggressively work all possible leads and sources' to prevent it.
It also claimed the commander of Fort Bliss, a U.S. Army base near the Juarez border crossing, has been briefed on the threat.

More...
Almost a dozen men from Minnesota are fighting with ISIS in Syria, say officials
¿Barney Fife is in charge¿: Obama under fire for 'we don't have a strategy' gaffe on ISIS as he's accused of having 'head buried in hole on first green'
White House and Pentagon forced to deny that Obama 'hesitation' doomed James Foley rescue attempt
'It would be an honor to join ISIS and become a citizen of the caliphate,' says former US Army psychiatrist who killed 13 in shooting spree at Fort Hood
Man arrested for making a bomb threat in Chicago after he 'flew an ISIS flag from his car' and led police on chase
'This is dire,' Fitton said. 'Look, this needs to be – It's impossible for me to overstate the seriousness of the threat.'
'The president calls ISIS a Jayvee terror organization, and now we have a report they're in Juarez, planning attacks with al-Qaeda.'
Fitton predicted that the federal government may be playing a stalling game, with the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks approaching in less than two weeks.
'This may be a case of them saying two weeks from now that they took care of the threat the Judicial Watch was saying [was there],' he said.
Later in the afternoon the Fox News Channel and Breitbart.com both published stories about a situation report distributed to law enforcement agencies by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Fox didn't respond to questions about whether the documents were the same, but a Breitbart reporter said they were.
Fitton said Judicial Watch did not base its reporting on the same bulletin they cited.
Map: The Department of Homeland Security quickly denied claims on Friday from a watchdog group that the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) has militants stationed in Juarez, Mexico
+7
Map: The Department of Homeland Security quickly denied claims on Friday from a watchdog group that the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) has militants stationed in Juarez, Mexico
ISIS, a fearsome and deadly terror group that dominates much of Iraq and Syria, now includes some militants with passports from the US and other Western nations, a fact that worries American intelligence agencies
+7
ISIS, a fearsome and deadly terror group that dominates much of Iraq and Syria, now includes some militants with passports from the US and other Western nations, a fact that worries American intelligence agencies
Nope: White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said US intelligence services have 'no evidence or indication right now that [ISIS] is actively plotting to attack the United States homeland'
+7
Nope: White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said US intelligence services have 'no evidence or indication right now that [ISIS] is actively plotting to attack the United States homeland'
White House: No specific threat to US homeland from ISIS

'The Texas bulletin is not inconsistent with our information,' he said, but 'our story highlights more specific and imminent warnings.'
'It would not surprise us if it turns out the Texas bulletin is a watered-down-for-public-consumption-version of what our sources report.'
Fox News described a 'three-page bulletin, entitled "ISIS Interest on the US Southwest Border".'
'Social media account holders believed to be ISIS militants and propagandists have called for unspecified border operations,' the bulletin read, according to Fox, 'or they have sought to raise awareness that illegal entry through Mexico is a viable option.'
Breitbart had published its own report two hours earlier, reproducing a portion of one page.
That page showed a recent video stunt in which conservative filmmaker James O'Keefe demonstrated the ease with which a terrorist could cross the Rio Grande River by donning an Osama bin Laden mask and wading from Mexico into Texas.
Neither news outlet claimed the law enforcement bulletin articulated any warnings about an imminent terror attack.
Cuidad Juarez: The crime-ridden Mexican border town opposite El Paso, Texas has become a staging ground for illegal immigrants ¿ including drug cartel members and narcotics smugglers ¿ to enter the US illegally
+7
Cuidad Juarez: The crime-ridden Mexican border town opposite El Paso, Texas has become a staging ground for illegal immigrants – including drug cartel members and narcotics smugglers – to enter the US illegally
Judicial Watch claimed the commander of Fort Bliss, an Army base in Texas, has been briefed on
+7
Judicial Watch claimed the commander of Fort Bliss, an Army base in Texas, has been briefed on
But Fitton stuck to his guns, insisting that the threat of an ISIS incursion into Texas – Juarez abuts El Paso with just the Rio Grande in between – is real.
'We take it seriously,' he said. 'We didn't put it out there lightly.'
In a nod to his organization's frequent alarms about border security in America's southwest, he suggested that if the Obama administration was waving reporters away from the story, it was in order to draw attention away from illegal immigration concerns.
'I can't say who in Washington knows about this,' Fitton said. 'But to be sure, this is exactly the type of information that this administration would have an interest in minimizing, downplaying and withholding, to distract from the disaster on the border and the national security threat there.'
Earnest, President Barack Obama's chief spokesman, told reporters on Friday that America's border crisis is over 'for now.'
Share or comment on this article

Read more: Feds DENY claim that ISIS is in Mexico and plans bombing attacks in US | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Time they executed the major, the Army headshrinker who killed all those folks at Fort Hood. What's taking so long? My only concern is that they'll do it with lethal injection, which is far too kind for his type.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
While we are debating this yet another person has been beheaded by these dogs.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said this morning "Our thoughts and prayers first and foremost are with Mr Sotloff and his family, we are not in a position to confirm the authenticity of the latest video.
“Any new video”, he said, “would be analysed very carefully by the U.S. Government and its intelligence officials to determine its authenticity." Yawn.
Islam declared war on the West years ago but the West is still reluctant to even declare who and what the enemy is! Now there’s a good way to conduct a declared war.
How much more of this Islamic decadence must we and others suffer before we act to obliterate it? Refusing to get troops on the ground immediately plays into Islamic hands. They believe they have the blessing of Allah and cannot be defeated so, until they are shown they can be defeated and easily, the atrocities will continue and worsen.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Howard,
One small flaw in your otherwise excellent idea(s).
It is an offence for any government to cause somebody/anybody to be without a nation and deprive them of a state ie., make them stateless. As you say, it would be very much easier to kill such people in theater using UAV(s) [drones] and much less complicated. Less burden on the state?

David

I have thought on this for a fair time
(OK I know I should not do that)

Now if someone chooses to fight for a different state / army / under another flag or whatever, surely them the government can disown them and revoke their passports and stop their return. By fighting under another flag you choose to revoke your citizenship of the UK

Sure this might also mean we have to come out of the EU so we can again protect our borders and have proper immigration control.

And no doubt we will also have to stop allowing dual citizenship.

Oh and bring back national service for all school leavers, bacon and egg breakfast for everyone. Contentious objector -bollocks take part or F-off

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,
What you say is what every like minded (dare I say non Islamic ) person thinks.
The stateless problem is, however, not an EU thing but a world wide issue. By birth you belong to the country you are born in and you cannot revoke that.
You might ask what about people that were born in countries that no longer exist. My answer is "Pass". I don't know.
One of the biggest issues you raise, is our ongoing membership of the EU and protecting our borders. I really think that it's become such a major issue - for example all the underpasses in Park Lane and Hyde Park are now the domain of Romanian Gypsies and the Police are powerless to stop them. They just move 200m along and set up again.

The Police are powerless full stop unless its showing their bullying tactics by throwing defenceless people to the floor, shooting young Brasilians, or sitting on their fat arses in ANPR / SPEED Montitor vans and occasionally coming out to go to the Golden Arches or poncing about pretending to be doing something useful at the Notting Hill carneevaal man. I never realised we had so many ethnically diverse police now - even though many of them are Hobby Bobby's. They really are just a miscarriage.
Lastly, fighting for another state has been the Brits stock in trade for a long time. I actually thought of doing it myself when Sultan of Oman was recruiting but I don't think anyone would have thought about making me stateless. Its different strokes for different folks but all this beheading journalists has become totally bereft and lacking any reason IMHO.
The vigilante backlash is the next thing to worry about I suppose. Our local paper showed a Jihadist from High Wycombe. I imagine his family will be moving north or to the far east if they haven't already, which is quite sad really.
I'm going into town in the morning and as an aside the one thing I want to see is the gold coloured Bugatti Veyron at 1, Hyde Park. I think its only a film application as are all the chrome ones.

Last edited:
Back