Terrorism - and how it may affect you soon.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
So much info coming out from the Citadel that is MI5 in London. Surely the families and elders in the mosques here in the UK know where the Jihadists
and radicals have gone on their 'holidays' but very little intel seems to be forthcoming.
The press release by Parker - the new boss in MI5 - is quite definite that something major will happen.
Here is what he said:
MI5 chief,

MI5 is the British Security Service, the equivalent of the CIA in England, and its new boss has some sobering words regarding the threats the country faces on a daily basis.
Parker was elected to the post in April and these are his first remarks since taking office during a private audience at the Royal United Services Institute.

The chief says Britain will face at least one major terror threat every year for the next few years.
“Since 2000, we have seen serious attempts at major acts of terrorism in this country typically once or twice a year. That feels to me, for the moment, unlikely to change.”
Parker says one of the reasons for this is the increasing number of British citizens traveling to Syria to join the jihad.
The MI5 chief added that a large portion of the casework load the security service deals with on a daily basis has a link to Syria, concerning individuals who have traveled to the country to fight there or who hope to do so.
“Al Nusrah and other extremist Sunni groups there aligned with al Qaeda aspire to attack Western countries.” Parker said.
Just as his predecessor, Jonathan Evans did, Parker warns, “It remains the case that there are several thousand Islamist extremists here who see the British people as a legitimate target.”
The MI5 chief referred to former CIA analyst Edward Snowden and how his leaked revelations hurt surveillance of spy agencies in Britain.
Some have said Snowden’s leaks mount to virtually giving terrorists an “instruction booklet on how to evade surveillance”.

Read more at MI5 Chief Warns Of Increased UK Terror Threat

Meanwhile, a snippet in London from the beginning of October - a black sack was arrested in Oxford Street and was disrobed revealing an Asian man. There may have been at least two more who evaded - possibly by taking their black sacks off.

As an aside I was challenged as to why I was taking photos of an Asian traffic warden putting a ticket on a motorised scooter on an otherwise empty road. I challenged his decision when there was a red sports car on double yellow lines with no one in the car. I walked around the corner and he followed me remonstrating as to why I took his photo. When I returned to my daughters flat, a nondescript police car came around the corner and stopped outside number 71 with three police on board. There are surveillance cameras in the square and on Queensway so I hazard a guess they tracked my progress back to the front door. A total misuse of police and their time.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just back into Marlow from the Kensington/Bayswater area. Armed police everywhere around Queensway, Moscow Road, and Westboune Grove and sirens wailing. Something is going down big time. Not an asian to be seen as I drove through, and I was not allowed to stop at the red traffic lights at the end of Bishops Bridge Road.
There were arrests in Bayswater early this morning and first reports on LBC said it was an active terror cell of Radicals and Jihadists but on later news that was changed to just more muslims adresses were raided and four people arrested on Anti terrorism charges.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of which, I hear that old favourite pantomime Jack and the beanstalk has been cancelled in London because it is beyond credulity that the Giant can smell the blood of an Englishman....Or was that Birmingham ?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I've just been in W2, driven through Hyde Park, along Ken High Street and down to
Fulham road via Hans place and then Sloan street - and not a black sack to be seen
anywhere or even an illegally parked supercar. The word amongst the sad old white guys (From a white nordic caucasian traffic warden ) is that supercars on double yellows will no longer be tolerated as middle eastern people shopping and will be regarded as possible IED type bombs and dealt with accordingly. Anything parking anywhere near Knightsbridge Barracks will be the subject of a TRCR placed detonation.
Most military units in and around the capital are currently on one of the highest stages of security whereas normally they were on what was known as Bikini Black now known as Black Special.

Keith

Last time that happened was for the IRA and the Palestinian's in 1974. I was running a club in Kensington High St which backed on to the Israeli Cultural Embassy. We had wire mesh over the front windows to prevent a Walton's style attack, and a bomb disposal unit permanently parked out back - it was a war zone. At home, I lived next door to Caterham Barracks, a transit camp for N. Ireland bound troops. One Friday night, the IRA blew up my local pub not 100 yards away, and killed & maimed many friends totally unbelievably futile as the pub was 'off-limits' to squaddies anyway.

Not wishing to be patronising, but many here that have not experienced that kind of daily tension and dry mouthed anticipation, could not imagine violent terrorism in their own neighbourhood..but unless things change dramatically for the better, it's imminent.

Sorry to bring this up but David's post about Kensington has totally brought it all back up.

One thing is certain though - if anyone thinks the British would buckle in the face of such threats had better read their history.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Type in the Droppin Well Ballykelly. That was my local for a long time.
I used to pop in there frequently when I went back to Londonderry. Until 1982. Now we have the idiots from the middle east and if you shut your eyes to what is going on around you then you are the next victim.

Last edited:
Back