Immigration & Global Poverty, the Real Economics

Keith

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE[/ame]

Discuss....

Watch it all the way through mind....

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Very effective presentation. I struggle with this issue, more because my opinion of immigration has changed considerably since my youth. When I observe immigrants desiring the benefits of our culture, but refusing to fully integrate or to be "assimilated" into that most desired culture, I begin to have problems with it. I feel diversity is a good thing, but what I think I'm observing is self-segregation of these imported cultures, rather than meshing and co-mingling. When every product label in America has one side in English, and the other side in Spanish, I question (other than a capitalist or commercial benefit) why that must be.

"When in Rome..."

It would be quite interesting to know how many jars could be filled with those that are poorly paid that are being exploited while manufacturing cheap goods for the west.

Bob

There's hope for you yet, Terry! Well done.

Very effective presentation. I struggle with this issue, more because my opinion of immigration has changed considerably since my youth. When I observe immigrants desiring the benefits of our culture, but refusing to fully integrate or to be "assimilated" into that most desired culture, I begin to have problems with it. I feel diversity is a good thing, but what I think I'm observing is self-segregation of these imported cultures, rather than meshing and co-mingling. When every product label in America has one side in English, and the other side in Spanish, I question (other than a capitalist or commercial benefit) why that must be.

"When in Rome..."

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Mr. Beck has just dramatically illustrated with gumballs what many of us here in The States have been S-C-R-E-A-M-I-N-G for years: The United States cannot afford to take in all the world's poor...nor do we have the space.

The economic effects of the 12 to 24 million ILLEGALS we've already allowed to stroll into the country can already be seen - and are being i-g-n-o-r-e-d by the 'all-knowing' in D.C.

A factoid for Mr. Beck regarding his statement that the immigration mess can be stopped by 'the people": state and federal governments rarely listen to "the people".

Just a couple of the more glaring examples:

1- "The people" overwhelmingly opposed Obamacare. We now have Obamacare.

2- "The people" have been screaming for the fed. gov't to shut down/secure the Southern border for y-e-a-r-s. The Southern border is STILL wide open.

I'm not AT ALL confident "the people" can make a difference/have any influence when it comes to immigration or any other major issue.

Not at all...

It's pretty easy for politicians to spout off about their care for the plight of illegal immigrants when their true aim is future votes. It's also easy to be in the US or any other well off country and give lip service to the plight of billions of very poor people. One of the main problems is the amount of charitable donations the actually get to the poor. When 7% or less is the end donation result and the head of the Red Cross, and other large charities are getting $300k+ salaries, something is drastically wrong. United Way in the US has over 90% operating cost. Salvation Army, 91% gets to people in need, while Goodwill hires the disabled at below minimum wage and pays huge salaries to executives. Lists or worthwhile charities can be found online. As seen on the Youtube, immigration is definitely not the answer.

Last edited:

Keith

Due to some recent high profile scandals in the UK, charities are being very closely looked at. A Govt sponsored Kids Charity recently closed down even after the Govt chucked money at it. Charity head claimed they were directly helping 36,000 children nationwide, but they could find less than 3,000.

Where did the money go? Founder was on £100,000 with 3 assistants and a chauffeur all on £40k per year each.

Charitable donations make a great deal of difference in the world. The Salavation Army and Red Cross is a case in point. Unfortunately, when details of less than honourable behaviour by high profle charities surface, people stop giving and then the suffering starts.

There should be stiff jail sentences for abuse of charitable powers..

I apologise to myself for the thread drift, but it's still in the ball park.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
There's hope for you yet, Terry! Well done.

Slow your roll big boy. I'm not there yet. I guess my greatest fear is observing what the European nations are having to deal with, and knowing that eventually we will have to deal with the same issues. Slowly but surely this this world is gravitating toward a dog-eat-dog situation, and there aint gonna be a pretty solution.

Keith

Slow your roll big boy. I'm not there yet. I guess my greatest fear is observing what the European nations are having to deal with, and knowing that eventually we will have to deal with the same issues. Slowly but surely this this world is gravitating toward a dog-eat-dog situation, and there aint gonna be a pretty solution.

If you follow this through and without intending to be in the least bit dramatic, what's at stake here is nothing less than the potential for the Northern Tribes to be competely assimilated over the next few generations. It feels as if we're under siege now anyway.

It doesn't necessarily mean hostile intent either although that will certainly be on some 'culture's' agenda, can't think who right now (!), but an inexorable West & North shift by a dynamically expanding 'third world' population with survival on their minds. As evidenced by the recent trouble created by just 5,000 itinerants, who could stop them?

This video highlights the urgent need to stop large scale migratory movements and put all available resources into making the perceived necessity redundant.

It'll take hundreds of years, so best get started..

Oh, and keep those guns handy....

This video highlights the urgent need to stop large scale migratory movements and put all available resources into making the perceived necessity redundant.

It'll take hundreds of years, so best get started..

Oh, and keep those guns handy....
Nailed:thumbsup:

How, when and with what is the issue.:huh:Sterilising the masses would probably be a good starting point, those gumballs need to stop coming.

Bob

Last edited:
Back