Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway te

Well looks like we are ready to go again for some high speed fun. Our Predator SLC and our race C6 Z06 Corvette are ready to play this Saturday at Homestead International Speedway, Homestead, Fl:shocked:

We plan on testing our new 15" Brembo 6 piston racing brakes for front and rear.:evil:

Whoever wants to go call me or just show up at the track and tell the guard you are with Ernie Francis with Breathless Performance Products Team.:thumbsup: If I do not answer the phone leave a message, I might just be on the track racing and will check the phone after the track session.

See you there.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com
954-925-7725

Re: Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway

Video, lots and lots of Video! :eek:perator:

Re: Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway

Hope you guys had a good time and all sessions were completed safely without any flags.

Ernie

very much love your SLC and would be interested how it performs compared to the Corvette.

Here is a chart of a german magazine which does hardcore comparissons of sportcars in Hockenheim and the "Nordschleife".
supertest.jpg

The Z06 is pretty fast ( the only thing they change is to sport compound tires). If the SLC is faster than the corvette it would put it into the topranks of worlds fastest supercars.

What you think ?

TOM

Last edited:

Girf

THe thing is about comparable times with the same drivers. I heard of the ZR1 times but couldn´t find it. Very impressive. But even more if we could have times of an SLC compared to Ernies Z06 ( which is strongly modified and likely faster than a stock ZR1) it would give a great indication ot the SLC potential. Dont you think ?

IMHO the Viper time is an unofficial time and therefore worth what it is.

TOM

Hey Tom

I agree with what you are saying about same driver. That is complicated at the ring by the great variety of conditions that the times are recorded in.

The Viper time is now considered official according to Evo mag as well as the ing itself. What is really impressive about the ZR-1 times is that it was driven by a GM engineer, not a pro driver.

I only responded because I am proud of the cars that are coming out of the USA now.:) For years everyone would deride the American cars for their antiquated technology and inability to go around a corner.

I agree 100% with what you are saying though. The true measure of a sports car (at least by one who can appreciate it for what it is suppose to be) is not 0-60 or 1/4 mile or even skid pad. It is the level of overall performance and refinement. This can be best shown on a track. The Ring in my opinion is the ultimate expression and test of this. If your car has flaws they will be exposed at the ring. Look at the Konigsegg, frankly given that it has 200 more HP and 600 less Lbs there really is no explaination for its time. I concluded that the car is not greater then the sum of its parts. same applies for the CGt. It does not enjoy the best HP/LB ratio of the cars listed yet has always been the fastest on atrack.

I have enquired about the suspension of the SL-c and my research leads me to believe that a lot of time and effort was expended on that area. I firmly believe that once sorted (like the Ultima hadit will be

Sorry this post got sent before I even proof read it.

I meant to say that the SL-c will likely require some sorting, something the Ultima has had for the last 15 years. Once that is done I think it will be perhaps the finest car one can buy at any price, as measured in track type performance.

Maseratti now wants to claim "fastest" production car at the ring by saying the Viper's time was "unofficial". Well, actually ALL times at the ring are unofficial, usually videotaped and timed with a stopwatch. What makes the Viper's time more validated is that there were witnesses from an independent magazine timing as well and their times were similar. But...I get your point. Girf, I believe the SL-C will surpass my expectations in all respects.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter

That "GM Engineer" is a multi time National Champion racer - FYI.

Pick up the new Road and Track. There's an article in there about the 'Ring. Steffan Belloff has the unofficial lap record in a 962 at like 6.20 or something like that. Niki Lauda was still in the 7's the last year of F 1 there.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.

the ring is on my list of things to do...think the guernsey mob are planning a trip there in July09.. be nice to see what the SL-C can do with a shyt driver like me in it hehehhe

I think the SL-C should be able to beat most of these cars with no problem. My buddies FF Cobra with horse power in the low 300's is able to take most of these on a road course. Just like the Cobra, i think Frans SL-C is going to have somthing like a 1000lbs weight advantage on most of these cars....

Heres some footage of my buddies Cobra up against an LP-560
YouTube - TKO Cobra vs. Lamborgini Gallardo LP 560

This is actually another freind driving his car, and he doesnt know the car too well. The guy in the 560 is pushing pretty hard, though hes not a pro, he knows what hes doing.

So I think the SL-C should be able to take cars like this with no problem, especially with the power that eveyone seems to be putting in them...

Ernie, hope you had a safe and incident free weekend.

Well we have already seen the potential for the SL-C by it's results at 2008 Run & Gun. A totally unsorted SL-C with fuel surge issues driven by an amateur(my brother) with no previous experience with LHD vehicles or that track. That SL-C posted much faster times compared to a well sorted RCR-40 piloted by an experienced driver familiar with the track.
I think the RCR-40 even had more HP.

The driver of the SL-C also owns a RCR-40 and has been club racing his Cobra for years. He has been very successful in his Cobra having taken out many National titles. So the Cobra is no slouch, but his feedback is that his RCR-40 is a world of difference from his Cobra. And the SL-C was a world of difference from the RCR-40.

I'll leave it up to you guys to compare with other makes once the times and performance figures start to come in. Personally I can't wait.

Last edited:

As long as it beats the crap out of the Lotus Super 7 derivatives.

Well sorry about posting so late, we were going crazy at the shop ever since we got back.

We were only able to run 2 sessions since we had to also run the Corvette at the same time. First of all since the last run we upgraded our braking system to about what we run in our Z06.

Get ready!!

15" Brembo Floating GT disks on the front matched with huge 6 piston brembo GT mono block calipers running race pads. The rear is 14" floating GT Brembo disks with again 6 piston GT Mono block brembo calipers and race pads:shocked:

First session was only to bed in the brakes and feel things out. Second session we decided to have one of our other Vettes C6 modified 500 hp with slicks follow us to watch for anything strange. First 2 laps we went easy with the vette right behind us. The third lap I started pushing it more and tapping into our 650 hp powerplant and attacking the corners and the brakes harder and as I did this the vette was getting smaller and smaller in the mirrors. Within another 5 laps I was now pushing even harder and passing everything on the track and the vette was way behind. The balance at high speed was awesome and on the straights I was getting to 155 while still letting off the gas early. Every lap going faster and faster while adjusting our F/R brake to find the sweet spot then it was time to come in. I did have a onboard camera but the battery went out after 1 lap.:cry:

Our goal for this session was to test our new custom monster Brembo racing brake system and it passed with flying colors.

We are planning to go to the PBOC Winterfest race at Sebring next weekend for some more testing and also Palm Beach International Raceway on the 31st for a night event and will get video for both.

Here are a few pics of the brake system we built for the car.

All in all the car felt great and every time we go out we are pushing it harder and harder. I would say we only went about 80% this time and will push even harder next time. the problem also was that we were the fastest and had nobody to run with...lol:coolgleam:

Ernie

Attachments

• 314.jpg
    314.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 315.jpg
    315.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 440
  • 316.jpg
    316.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 317.jpg
    317.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 462

I've read about titanium rotors being able to shave 12lbs or so of unsprung weight off of each corner - 50lbs total (that's a lot for a 2000lb car).

I don't see you using them. Is it because they're too expensive, don't work, or some other reason.

thx.

Back