RCR at Wakefield Park Raceway Australia 1st - 3rd October

RCR Australia will be at the Australian Cobra Nationals again this year.

Wakefield Park Raceway NSW October 1st - 3rd.

We will have quite a few customers there competing in their cars: RCR-40, SL-C & SL-R.

We have booked a stack of garages for customers and will have a factory display as well.

See link below for more information:

Club Events

It's a fantastic event and a must see.

See you there...

Hey Fran,

Fly down under again and say hello to the Oz crowd. We've still got a few shrimps for the BBQ. Let the lads back in the workshop take care of the business for a week.

Iain, you won't have to worry about the RCR GT40 going faster than that.

The RCR GT40 going is complianced and running on street legal tyres. It's what is required to run in the GT40 class. Otherwise you are in the race class.

It's also running an old stock AU Falcon engine.

But I think it will surprise, it will be competitive.

Out of interest I will post the times. Also planning on getting some video footage.

My wife is driving an SL-C, she had her first drive in an SL-C today, I told her it was easy to drive and she agreed. LS7 with Ricardo. So thumbs up there.

Only 4 more sleeps to go until we leave to go down there. Can't wait.

Iain,

That is very bloody quick.

Doubt anything with a roof has gone quicker.

Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stuart,
Craig is already on the road heading to the event...so may not see this post.

I do know he has copies of compliance paperwork with him to show potential customers...drop him a personal email as he may get those whilst away..or better yet head to the event and have a chat...

Was wondering if they have a display day for the cars or is it all track work? Was hoping to look at a few cars close up, and perhaps speak to a few owners, to help dcide between different cars available at the moment.
Thanks
John

J.B.
I know Craig has a display set up for the RCR cars...SL-R, SL-C and RCR40...
He is available all weekend to give you close up inspections and information.

John, Craig may be happy to see you any time. But the official "Public"day for the enthusiasts to wander around is the Saturday, according to the promotion on the Cobra Club site.

A few pics of the RCR GT40 of Craig's brother, at Wakefield Park today (Cobra Nationals). Please excuse photo quality as I only had an iPhone. Plus it was freezing and wet.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 296
A few pics of an RCR SL-C at Wakefield Park (Goulburn, NSW, Australia). Again, please excuse iPhone pics quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 415
Dalton...

I hear that a very tall fella looking suspiciously like you was seen sitting in an RCR40.....
Also a young lady was driving in competition for the first time and won her class in the drag race...in an SL-C...way to go...

Craig will fill us in on all the results I am sure..

Last edited:
Hi Fran,
It was good to catch up with Craig and his wife. he was as friendly and helpful as ever, and next thing I knew I was sitting in an RCR40. The alloy monocoque is certainly more space efficient than a space frame of tubing, plus skin. There is lots of room. If the pedal block had been adjusted forward a bit, Craig would never have got me out; I'd have tried to drive home in it. The SL-C is also fantastic, but I'm foremost a GT40 enthusiast.

I was there as well, wasn't the best weekend weather wise,but i did get to have a close look at the SL-C, just awesome............but unfortunately i didn't get a chance to speak to Craig which was a shame..........

Back