RCR at Wakefield Park Raceway Australia 1st - 3rd October

Camera mount in SL-C

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 287
Finally got a chance to post some feedback from the weekend.

Weather was a real bugger and limited our track time. More track time would have given us much better times.

My wife was driving the black SL-C, she did a great job, but no stella times to report. Except she beat a lot of the boys in the drags. I did grab one of the other drivers to jump into the SL-C to test it's handling and setup for my wife. With only 3 laps, he managed to pull a low 1:06 with traffic and getting his head around the car. Feedback was that it would do Hollywood times and the plan was to get him back into it at the end of the weekend, but the weather stopped any chance of that which was a shame. The drive did the track as we adjusted tyre pressures etc and it was ready for my wife.

My brother's best time was a low 1:08 in the red RCR-40 during practice. That RCR-40 is really well sorted and has a heap of potential. Considering it has only around 150rwhp out of the old Ford V8, that is a Superstar time. Fastest GT40 on the track on the main sprint event.

The red RCR-40 was also the fastest car overall in the GoToWhoa. Certainly goes to show how well our standard brake package works(Brembo).

Had 3 x SL-R's on the track. There track time was cut short due to weather and some teathing issues with new engines. But 1:05 was easily achievable in an SL-R, but I suspect they will be much faster next year. They were extremely popular. It's going to be a huge year for the SL-R's next year going on the performance I saw on the weekend.

It was great to catch up with everyone. Good fun getting Dalton to sit in an RCR-40. Dalton we've just got to bolt that pedal box a little further forward. My brother is a couple of inches shorter than you.

Didn't get a lot of video as we were sharing cameras and I didn't get as much time to help out with video etc as I would have liked. The RCR cars were very popular and I spent the whole weekend talking to enthusiasts.

I do wish to thank the guys who helped support the RCR cars at the event. Especially the support shown to my wife. They know how they are and we really appreciated the help.

Thanks Stephen...great shots
Nice to see the RCR40 and SL-C on track together.....still unpainted and looking good in gelcoat too...

Those little SL-R's are our best kept secret...the new SL-Razor will be cracking 'too

Hi Stephen,thanks for posting up the pics of the SL-C as usual your pics are awesome and a credit to you............

Craig,will you be closing down over xmas & new year ??? just i will be on the Gold Coast ,i might pop in and say G'day if your open .............

Cheers

Mike

Michael, no such luck with closing down over xmas and new year. Things are busy as usual, so we will be working all the days we can.

Just give us a call on the work number when you want to drop around. I would be more than happy to give you a tour of our facility and cars.

Back