Superlite Apex Photoshop Thread

Starting a thread devoted to conceptualizing the new Apex.

uc

Here are a few other renders. These are based off one of the early 3D models Florin made so a few things have changed since but this is still fun. Yes, I know there are no mirrors :embarassed:.

White:
uc

Red:
uc

Black was really hard to get something decent but here's my attempt:
uc

Green:
uc

-Jason

nice start and thank you for doing this! Can you put some corvette c5 rims on it? like the thin 5 spokes or the wagon wheels or the z06 wheels if you can find them?

I'm thinking about painting the entire car white and maybe skinning the roof carbon or black (not the pillars and around the windows though).

Playing with the idea of skinning the front hood carbon also (in addition to the entire roof-I think this is a bit much though).

nice start and thank you for doing this! Can you put some corvette c5 rims on it? like the thin 5 spokes or the wagon wheels or the z06 wheels if you can find them?

Merim, I'm terrible at doing wheels with photoshop/gimp. I'll give it a try this weekend though. I'm actually considering just building the Apex in SolidWorks or XSI but that's a lot of work.

Anyone on here good with 3D modeling that wants to divvy up a full 3D project?

Can you do one in a Cobalt blue?

The file I used for the renders is below. It's a GIMP format (open source/free photoshop). All you have to do is edit the 'Paint' layer by making it active then going to the 'Colors' menu, then choose 'Levels'. From there, just play with the curves on the different channels and viola. You'll probably have to pull down the red and green channels to get roughly the blue you want. From there, just edit the blue then the master for the final effect.

link to file: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5cAxt4eoOLFazByUEFlb3M5VWc/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome job guys. Would someone be willing to photoshop some black c6 spyder wheels on a white Apex? And some black forgestar cf5s?

Awesome job guys. Would someone be willing to photoshop some black c6 spyder wheels on a white Apex? And some black forgestar cf5s?

I think Wolfe has got me in the PS'ing wheel department. I tried over the weekend and not so much. I may try to 3D model those you requested. If I can get it right I'll post it.

Put in a link to the wheels and I'll try this weekend.

Ok, I did a quick model on a Forgestar CF5 wheel. I didn't have time to model brake disk, calipers, and valvestems, or change the body color, but this should help for visualization.

Forgestar satin black CF5:
uc

Feedback is welcome...(but go easy)

Ok, I did a quick model on a Forgestar CF5 wheel. I didn't have time to model brake disk, calipers, and valvestems, or change the body color, but this should help for visualization.

Forgestar satin black CF5:
uc

Feedback is welcome...(but go easy)
Thanks so much! Definitely gives me a better idea.

No problem. I love doing 3D projects. I just wish I had more time. I started on a full 3D Apex but had to shelf it. Wheels are much easier than a whole car.

These wheels make the car. It is 1000x more attractive with those wheels.
100% agree. They look similar to Z06 wheels but I'm just worried that they're high dollar ADV1s (especially looking at the concavity of the rear wheel).

Back