tool chests and lathe

G

Not specific GT40 items but stuff any builder would like to have!

I was in my local tool shop yesterday and they have just got in a job lot of factory "damaged" tool chests. These range from fell off the top shelf to you can't see any damage at all. Julian and I both have tool chests from this source already but there are 32 chests left in varying sizes, from 4 ft wide to 5 ft tall to littl'uns you can lift into the boot of your car.

Mainly Facom and Britool chests.

Savings are normally about 75% on list retail prices. Go haggle! (Julian paid I think about £150 for a Facom chest that was listed at £900, no damage we could find!)

I would suggest that if this is of interest you go visit before you buy.

Also they have a second hand Super 7 lathe in. Asking is £700. Looks in good order, just needs a stand. Single phase.

If interested, contact Chris or Nigel at Technasales in Farnborough, Hants on 01252 547709. Tell them where you got this number from!

Happy shopping

Malcolm

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Malcolm,
I was too late - they were virtually all gone
though they will ring when they get some more.
Thank you anyway,
Dave M

G

After your post yesterday and a private email from another club member, I popped in to the shop to see the situation.

A lot of units have gone but some are still there. Maybe 12 plus chests. The really big ones have gone but there were still a few base units on castors and some top boxes as well as carriable tool chests.

Lathe not gone either.

However don't wait too long as these items do shift.

I priced up a pair of chests, top box and base unit made by Britool at £450 all in for the pair. Full retail was £1350 plus the vat.

One question I was asked was if the chests came full of tools? Nope!

Malcolm
smile.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Malcolm,
They have indicated they will ring me when they have the next consigment. I was looking for a top box to fit on my snapon chest cabinet which is 54" long so all the long /big units are already sold.
Once they ring me I'll put a note on this thread (after I've been there naturally !)
Regards
Dave M

G

They only had the one long box. How about two 26 inch top boxes? Anyway there will likely be a gap to next lot. Preverbial blue moon springs to mind. This is only the second lot in two years.

Wendy hates it when they get good deals in as I am a sucker for them!

Malcolm

Back