Historic Racing at Mission Raceway Park

For all in the neighborhood, May 24 and 25 rain or shine adults $10 students 8$ kids under 12 free. From what i heard Dave cohen (whose car is on the poster i swiped from a friend) will have his gt there as well as some mkIII from Seattle??? area.

Eric,

I sat in 1024 (with Dave's permission) and took measurements of his dash and cockpit. I also saw from the stands when he crashed it at PIR His front went over the rear of another car.

After the wreck, which turned out to be minimal, he jokingly said to me, "You want to buy some used GT40 parts?"

1024's a neat original that has a wider than normal flared rear clip. I remember seeing the number 1074 stamped on the rear clip. I suppose the 1024 clip (it being the type A) wouldn't handle wider tires so this flared one is used.

Have fun!

John

Eric,

It's funny that you're trying to weazel your way in because I just received an email from a person who bought my GT40 cd, and he said he just got a ride in Bob Bondurant's GT40! He said Bob only went 60 MPH but it was exciting and neck-jerking.

I hope you get in one way or another.

Have fun!

John

What a let down. I was all excited till about half way through the pits when i realise i dont see a gt here. As i walk by each empty trailer i hate to let myself realise i am right. I talked to Dave Cohen's brother (nice guy) he said Dave's car was getting some minor rust fixed when they found more rust, the car was then stripped down completely for a full resto. I was crushed. I did get a good pic of my 4 month old behind the wheel of an Elva mk7 (i think).

Back