Electronic Seedo senders for G50 transaxle

Hello everyone,

I would like to use the Stewart Warner 200 mph speedometer in my 40 and, for ease of installation, would like to use the electronic version. Has anyone hooked up and electronic version to a G50 unit? Was this an aftermarket sending unit?

Thanks in advance for the help

Dave,

I have the part number that you are looking for, although it may take me a while to find.
I will send it you via e-mail, tonight.

Bill

G

Dave, I have used a Classic Instruments 200mph speedo with my G50. I used the stock pickup and run it through a Dakota Digital converter box. I used the converter box more for a booster of the signal but also to convert for input into the EEC-IV computer. The speedo itself is capable of modifying the signals. The reason for the boost is that the magnetic pickup is now working through gear oil rather than air as it does with the transaxle in its normal position. Oil probably has very little attenuation on the magnetic fields, but it's the stuff suspended in the oil that can cause problems. It would not be a bad idea to pull the pickup and clean it good at each oil change. Any ferrous metal in the oil will eventually get picked up by the pickup and this will have a negative affect on the speed signal. It will give you a very good means of monitoring your gear wear also.

Dave,

It was a simple two wire connection. Programming the gauge was a bit tougher.
If my memory serves me correctly, the code that you need to enter is 6600, assuming that you are using 225/50 & 255/50 tires. I cheated, using a hand held GPS unit to calibrate my gauge.

Bill

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Back