Longleat hill climb

Malcolm

Supporter
For those who were beginning to panic, stop right now!

I spoke with the organising club this last weekend and they have confirmed that they have NOT yet sent out the regs for this event. Expect them in around two weeks time. If you hear of members with the regs but you have failed to get them, go to the Woolbridge MC web site and you can download a set from there. They will be posted three days after mailing them out.

Website address is

www.woolbridge.co.uk

Keep your fingers crossed for dry weather!

Malcolm

Malc,

I'll be there. Cannot bloody wait to chase some lions and monkey's up the hill!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do we get points for hitting the wildlife?

Regards,

J.P

Hi James,

[ QUOTE ]

Do we get points for hitting the wildlife?

Regards,

J.P

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the wildlife happens to be a TREE!!!.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looking forward to being chased.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are you guys entering on the 27 or the 28th? I'm seriously tempted to enter, altho my 'spare' weekends are few & far between.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not if the wildlife happens to be a TREE!!!.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looking forward to being chased.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul,

I wouldn't regard you as wildlife! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I'll be chasing!

I've been practicing my drifting technique this morning, IN MY TRUCK!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.P

Malcolm

Supporter
Off the top of my head I think we are there on the saturday ie 27th. However check regs when they come and see which day is listed for us as an invited club. Coming in the 40 or Elise?

Hee Hee Oh JP you are so sticking your head out! Excellent. Of course if you do wipe the pants off everyone MDA is made for sure! Has Mark bought you those driving lessons yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Are we seeing you on Saturday at Goodwood?

Malcolm

Hi Malc,

Not sure if I can come at all, however if I do It'll be in the Elise... GT still all over the garage floor!

JP, Is this your first competitive event, or have you driven Longleat before?

Juls,

Yes, well Brighton speed trials will be the first - but I don't count that.

Looking forward to Longleat though. I will drive as hard as I can. Driver skill, reaction time etc. are there in plentiful amounts. However I don't know the bloody car at all, I haven't even driven it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My first outing will be at Goodwood on the 18th. Unfortunately I won't be able to really push it because we have not got the Quaiffe mods yet. As you know they won't be available until end of Aug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have been driving my Z3 M Coupe to the absolute limits during the Summer. I've warped the discs, worn the pads and fried another set of rears, all good fun!:D

On a serious note, I am fully aware that the MDA will bite if I'm not careful, especially with 450HP!!

Regards,

J.P

Nipping pasts Mark's tomorrow, so I can't wait to see your car in the flesh JP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also, can't wait to see it at Goodwood.

Hi James, Looks like you are starting your gt40 racing career the same way i did back in 1999, Brighton being the first sprint Longleat being the first hillclimb,I wish you all the best and can assure you that you will be amongst many friends who will give you all the help and support you could ever want, Best of luck chasing those lions and monkeys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
regards Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Hi James, Looks like you are starting your gt40 racing career the same way i did back in 1999, Brighton being the first sprint Longleat being the first hillclimb/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
regards Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

And if my memory serves me correct Dave, your first hillclimb was also your first WIN! kinda set the pace did'nt it...

Best wishes to JP - as 'the new kid on the block' - should be fun fun fun - as usual.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm welling up guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thank you, looking forward to the whole deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards,

J.P

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi JP

I'll resist temptation on the clueless bit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif If you look at the entry regs you will see that they are repeated twice in the leaflet, the one with that mini metro on the front cover! but at the beginning of each section they run through the list of clubs invited for each of the days. This should show we are there on the Saturday not the Sunday. With the Ferrari boys. Sticking to the first half of that leaflet you can then see the list of classes. This time it is easy as we are in class 4, (at the top) a separate class for GTDs. Again I shall resist temptation but on the minimal chance you whop ass, we shall just protest you out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Hee Hee!

I have explained a bit OTT here as you are not alone in wanting a little help in entering so hopefully this will help others too. If in doubt, do phone me and I will be happy to help you further.

Good to see you yesterday, with your broad shoulders.

Malcolm

Back