Steering Wheels - Diameter - Dish etc

Ok, it's time to start the interior dash/wiring and steering column/wheel. What Diameter steering wheels are you guys using and are the wheels "flat spoke" or "dished". If you use Dished wheels, how much dish (2", 3")?

thanks

dave

DH,

That Ford Taraus steering wheel that the roller came with looks just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Please don't change it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It goes real well with the beautiful Gulf blue gel coat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thank god UPS and their "beautiful brown" or Tide with their "fantastic Orange" didn't sponser the GTs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, so that post helped alot Farhad, now get your A$$ out into the garage and measure you steering wheel!

ps. if it's not raining this weekend, are you and Bud planing on driving up to the house to see the car?

dave

Now you make me feel guilty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is 13". By the way, I just called Bud. This Sunday would have been perfect, but he has his radiator drained waiting on the Motor Max stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He said let's plan on 2 weekend from now (assuming good wheather). Make sure Debby is there, we are not coming there for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave, it depends on how original you want to get. Correctly it should be a 15 inch flat Mota Lita wheel in black with blue leather, Can be supplied new from UK, Frank

Thanks Frank and Marco - I thought that I'd seen different sizes and now Marco confirms that it's not my imagination.

The smaller wheel would make entry/exit easier - but the larger one would make slow speed turns (I know that's blasphmy but there are parking lots to traverse some times) easier.

Anyway, thanks for the information

dave

Repco as well as others make good quick release steering wheel hubs and they are handy. The extra thigh clearance with the smaller diameter is nice and the steering effort when parking isn't that bad as there is only about 1250 lbs. on the front wheels of most 40's

Back