Brodex heads on 302

I have just bought an unfinished Tornado 40, and I got with it a Ford 302 with Brodex heads, this maybe a silly question but I know nothing about ford engines only Rover V8, so are these heads any good and if so what sort of BHP and torque figures would I expect to get out of this engine, I know a lot of this would depend on what set-up I put on top of the inlet manifold, any suggestions would be greatly received.

Chris.

Chris,

Brodix heads are typically used in drag racing cars. Very free flowing, and if coupled with the proper induction,pistons, valve train, and cam, should help that 302 to put out some serious HP!
Hard to say how many HP, without knowing cam specs, etc.

Bill

Hi Bill,

At present there is no cam, inlet manifold or carb.
what would you Recommend? & what are your thoughts on fuel injection instead of carb's

Chris.

Chris,
Cam has a lots to do with personal choice, ie., low torque/
tons of power, or high revving/high speed.
I am presently changing over from carb to 8-stack EFI, as
it will make my car more street friendly. EFI/ECU systems generally stay in tune, whereas carbs are more finicky.

Bill

Chris,

You didn't mention the use you plan for the car. Will it be a race car? A street car? Both?

What kind of RPMs are you interested in turning? How much maintenace are you willing to have to do on an ongoing basis? How much money do you have to spend on this? What is the compression ratio and are the bottom end components forged or cast.

The more information you can give, the more we would be able to recomend things that will really do what you want.

Kevin

MWGT40

Supporter
I would add originality to the list of criteria that you need to think about - ie. to what extent do you want your car to look, sound and handle just like an original car did. If this is important to you then Weber 48 IDA carbs are your answer but there are some drawbacks associated with these in that they can be fiddly to set up. However, there are plenty of people around who can do this for you and they look and sound awesome.

I have just bought a set for mine but haven't yet fitted them. Can't wait!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brodix makes high quality, well designed heads. Their heads run from high performance street to exotics that are so advanced they are banned by even NASCAR.

You can see the different heads and even their flow numbers at Brodix.

Hi Bret,

I'm not sure about the block casting number, I we get it for you, what are the problems with the SVA?

I have ordered a book all about SVA test but it will not be with me until next week.

Chris.

I've taken the liberty of answering the casting number query on a new thread - see Casting numbers / SVA

Back