serpentine setup and mirrors

Can I use a serpentine setup even though the kit comes with a vbelt? The engine that I want to use comes with a water pump. Will the serpentine belt work with the alternator and all of that stuff. I can exclude the water pump because engine factory sells engines that have it. Or do I need to change so I use the RF system. Does RF sells mirrors or do I have to buy them? I would appreciate any resposne.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
We went the serpentine belt way because I wanted to get rid of the dissey as it isalways so close to the chassis frame and everything is so hard to make clean. The seperate coil set up is also much more efficient and controlable so it was the natural thing to do (contunial development).

The timing case cover on the serpentine belted cars had a crank trigger which is needed (not compulsary) for EFI so again the natural choise. The nice thing is that we can and do offer serpentine belted set up with dissey also so now you ,our customers, have a great more choices. I hate the idea of having to do with something because that is all that is offered.

Regarding mirrors, we supplied the mirrors and they can be purchased, call me !!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Geez, I had totally forgotten about the mirrors! Good thing someone mentioned them before I primed the car!

What mirrors do you use in your Turnkey cars Robert? I'm going to use Weber Carbs instead of EFI because I want it to look nostalgic.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
The mirrors are a cast aluminium one that is a copy of the Ford Falcon Phase III race car from here in Australia. The reason I used aluminium is so we could weld brackets inside to make them into electric mirrors and still look the same.

Best wishes,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin
TMR, or whatever your name might be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif,

The RF kit is complete. That means it includes everything to build the car, down to rivets and sealant. That also includes pulleyes - v belt or serpentine. Robert has nice billet machined pulleys that are as good as anything March makes. In short, you don't need March pieces, they come with the kit.

Does the belt work with the pulleys. Or do I need to get a serpentine belt thats 70". You can call me mike.

Mike,
The belt is in the kit. So is every little thing you need to install the engine. The hoses, clamps. brackets, Altenator, Starter, pulleys, and even the clutch and pressure plate are there. When you open an RF kit you won't believe all the bits it takes to build the car.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would like to have it in a big box of parts but a partial roller of the complete kit is good.

Oh, the box is big. About ten feet wide, fourteen feet long and at least two feet high. Took two forklifts to get on my trailer. You'll spend a couple of hours just unloading the thing, never minding cataloging the parts.

Robert, give me a call about the remote (electric) adjustable mirriors. Plus the water pump. I am meeting a painter tomorow, JT and my car should be on th road by April.

PS He is concerned about being away from his Mom over the summer.

PSS Please send the sheet metal for the transaxel/clutch when you send shaft back. I'll give ou a call when I Am back in DC.

Robert, I'm also interested in electric mirrors. Also, any technical tips on mounting them on the doors would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty much finished with fitting. Will be priming as soon as the weather gets a little better. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back