correct balancer ???

this is going to sound really stupid especially as i work in the motor trade but i've got to ask
i am in the process of rebuilding a 351w engine ready for my project due aug 2004 the block is bored 30 over the question i have is which balancer do i require 28/50 oz and any suggestions on whos make standard/fluid/race why.
the block is a d9 (79) i guess the crank is original just ground +10 on both the mains and big ends the flywheel i would like to use is an aluminium from a mustang 5.0 i think i purchased it from ebay.the more i've read into the 351w engine the more i'm starting to fear i may not be able to use the flywheel with said engine.has anybody any suggestions! i have not sorted clutch assm yet any thoughts i will be using tornados bellhousing for the ford to renault box with ford input shaft.
i,m sure i will be asking other questions as the gt40 community seems to be full of very interlectual people
sorry if their is already another thread about this but i tried serching but found nothing many thanks chris parker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You need the 28 OZ balancer. I picked a nice fluid street unit from summit at a good price. Check you flywheel as most designated 5.0 are 50 OZ factor. A pre 1979 289, 302, 351 flywheel will work in your application as they are 28 OZ.

Vic
CAV40 (No it's not for sale)

Back